or Connect

Posts by neovirusnine

How is the current powerbook g4's upgradability??? Does the pbg4 have a processor card of some sort or something?
Quoted from apple's own website, http://www.apple.com/ibook/, "And if you get an iBook model with a CD-RW or DVD-R/CD-RW Combo drive, you can burn your own music CDs." (Freedom of Choice, p1) Did Steve forget his trademark ending comment this last Macworld? Typo? You decide. [ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: neovirusnine ]

Whatever happened to price reductions. With the advent of new hardware and the prevail of older hardware, you'd think the older hardware would get a price reduction to make the product more appealing. With the iMac now using the 15 inch display you might think that would keep the price and subsequent price of larger displays go down to keep everything rounded. The iPod is still the reigning sole digital device so I guess you can't fully expect a price reduction but at...
i was ready to buy a pro machine today but now that i know that the pro machines are next to be updated (and now they really need to be... the portable needs to be a bit faster, a little cheaper, and have a better rez screen; the desktop needs the new graphic cards for bto options better processors and ddr memory at the least) i was thinking of getting the pro portable but now i don't even want to do that... sucks if apple lowers the prices on the pros quietly in the next...
[quote]Originally posted by dstranathan: Its been fun being a Mac user, but it's time for me to get real. I need a 2 GHz CPU. 800 MHz don't cut it anymore. I need a Gefore 3 Ti. I need DDR RAM. If Apple wont make my "dream box", then I will make it myself. Too bad Apple. You lost a10+ year customer today. See ya
no doubt
[quote]Originally posted by dstranathan: Its been fun being a Mac user, but it's time for me to get real. I need a 2 GHz CPU. 800 MHz don't cut it anymore. I need a Gefore 3 Ti. I need DDR RAM. If Apple wont make my "dream box", then I will make it myself. Too bad Apple. You lost a10+ year customer today. See ya
no doubt
So far i've seen rumors for: 1. The obvious flat panel iMac 2. The Powermac G5 with DDR 3. Gigawire 4. Tablet technology 5. New iApps 6. Various Apple branded iProducts such as a digital camera I know there are more but my heart is pumping too much blood to my brain; it can't function properly. Don't forget the site says "beyond" so we obviously aren't thinking big enough. I bet Steve is surfing these boards in hysterical laughter reading all of this right now.
So far i've seen rumors for: 1. The obvious flat panel iMac 2. The Powermac G5 with DDR 3. Gigawire 4. Tablet technology 5. New iApps 6. Various Apple branded iProducts such as a digital camera I know there are more but my heart is pumping too much blood to my brain; it can't function properly. Don't forget the site says "beyond" so we obviously aren't thinking big enough. I bet Steve is surfing these boards in hysterical laughter reading all of this right now.
Well i really don't know what to make of this 5 days till hype... Beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond. makes me wanna go comatose for 5 days... someone hit me.
I've heard this set top box idea mentioned a couple of times before more recently than ever even though the reincarnation of an apple set top box has been a sort of everlasting rumor that looms in the background [http://www.exn.ca/Stories/1998/03/11/60.asp]... Apple has done it before as some already know [http://www.aventure-apple.com/flops/settopbox.html (sorry it's in french but it does have pictures)] and i think they have learned... besides what exactly is so...