or Connect

Posts by jkichline

Just yanked the power cord out of my 2014 MBP and my Magic Mouse worked great with no delays.  I usually run with it plugged into power however but have not seen any Bluetooth issues so far.   I do find it annoying that Siri doesn't use my car's sound system to speak to me when I use "Hey Siri".  It hard to hear. There are also some issues that require me to use the phone while driving which is not a good idea.
I have to say that when I read that your family history causes an iPad to choke, I figured (as a developer) that could be caused by an infinite loop. Now I have the song, "I'm my own grandpa" stuck in my head!
I've had my credit card number stolen 5 times in the last 8 years.  I've had it stolen in a taxi cab and the thief tried to buy $4,000 worth of furniture within 15 minutes of the theft. Stolen online while it sat in my pocket all day. Stolen in an airplane at 30,000 feet by the air steward after ordering a drink.  I think you've just been lucky. The problem is that in 2015, the credit card companies will no longer take the blame for retail theft. That's going to be on the...
No I don't jump about Ebola. That's a bunch of media-hyped nonsense and I don't watch sensationalized news which, if you follow the money, is paid for by eyeballs and advertising. That's why it's crap. My point wasn't "oh whoa, look at where Google makes money" my point is that I don't care to be advertised to in exchange for free stuff.  The product that they offer will always serve their needs to make money. In the event that they are no longer making money, they will...
That's great. So what this is doing is merely transferring your credit card information (number, name, etc) using RFID instead of the magnetic strip. This still requires a card (which can be stolen) and transfers your information, most likely in plain text, or easily decrypted form to the terminal.  What people are not "getting" is the new security in ApplePay.  This uses tokens so no personal information is transmitted to the POS system and it requires your fingerprint....
Hey, if you want Google to have access to everything about you including all your purchase history... have at it!  Just know that you are the sheep and Google has the shears and making a killing off your private information.  As for me, I'd rather my information not be kept ANYWHERE. This includes a retail location's servers or by Google in the cloud. I'm sorry, but my credit card information has been hacked too many times by POS magnetic readers (in a taxi in NYC),...
When Samsung thanks Apple for paving their way (to rip off the iPhone)...
Bummer. I tried to enter each of my credit cards into Apple Pay and none of them work, including one that should work (Chase Visa).  I'm hoping that gets sorted out soon.
Just get the $69 drive and plug it in. Problem Solved. Nobody else wants or uses them anymore.
If you are looking for the fastest single thread performance then you want less cores and a higher clock rate. More cores only helps if you are doing more concurrent things (or if the process you are running can split execution across more threads). Dual core will be fine as long as you get a nice and high clock rate.