or Connect

Posts by jkichline

I think Apple needs to come out with a 4-5K Apple Cinema Display. That's something that's seriously lacking in their lineup. I bought an LG UltraWide monitor instead and it's great but I would have preferred an Apple product with the built in TB hub.
I think the killer feature here is going to be 4K and they are going to do it through their encoding.  The A8 will be a killer processor to put in this and when playing movies, the power can be used to decode a super-compressed stream into a high quality product.  This can be done be decoding the stream well in advance and storing uncompressed to "disk".  So I envision this having at least 16 GB of memory just to hold decompressed video stream.   Of course when gaming or...
Sounds like a great strategy Samsung! Definitely concede the high end to Apple and try to take on everyone else based on price alone. Sincerely, A happy Apple shareholder
I think the point is yes, but they also leave almost no trace of the attack.
Suck it Samsung!
No you don't.  It's called statistics.  If you take a random enough sampling of what people bought, you can extrapolate this information with a relative level of certainty.
So you're saying you're all a bunch of crooks then. Good to know.
Yes, being able to change the name of the card would be a good firmware update.   I don't think it's a problem with the card, but with the readers.  I've found they don't work on older readers used by a number of restaurants, but it does work on newer readers.
I was an original Coin beta tester and now have the actual Coin (same thing, just a new card).  I can tell you that we love it.  It allows us to take just one card.  The only trouble (and the reason why things took so long to launch) is understanding what terminals it doesn't work at.  There are just some old machines out there that don't like the Coin.  I can tell which ones probably won't.  But I can also say that 90% or more of the places we use it, it works...
"I Believe that sometimes you gotta wreck the truck to get the insurance money to make the truck payment." – Larry the Cable Guy