or Connect

Posts by jkichline

Just because you don't know how, doesn't give you the right to the property. For instance, if I wanted a piece of land and went through the proper legal channels to obtain it and shuffled the scores of papers to be signed, it becomes mine because I followed the letter of the law. If I find a person in a tent camping on my land, I have the right to remove them from it. They can claim it's theirs and that they lived there for years, but unless they are willing to go through...
Who cares if the feature existed before Apple released it? The fact is that these patents have not been found to be invalid which means, as of the time of this trial, Apple deserves to be compensated for their intellectual property. Just because you could get something on a jailbreak (on iOS or Android) doesn't mean that the hacker programmers that made the hack bothered to check into the patent office or patent the method they used. That's their problem, not Apple's or...
Great article. For those who think this is propaganda, I do challenge you to find the lie in it. Propaganda is not necessarily a lie however, it could be the truth sent to the other side. I've owned Apple stock since 2006 because I've seen the way they lead the industry and the way they run their business. Many companies are only looking for the money and to make cheap, throwaway devices. Apple bucks that trend by making more expensive, but more valuable objects, dare I...
I had an exchange student from South Africa who attended a private, religious school in the US. Out of all the international students, the Korean students were in the majority. Unfortunately the school would constantly have issues with the Korean students disrespecting teachers and students and cheating on tests. As I dug into this I discovered that the pressure for these students to achieve is incredibly high. In fact, they had to come to the US to pass high school so...
I've never had any trouble with the bezels on the iPad Air or mini devices. I just took our company's iPad Air to a tradeshow where is was on and running our app for 12 hours without the screen turning off. I'm really not sure why you'd need more battery life than that. It's a really good mix of battery life and weight in my opinion.   Maybe instead of complaining about this, why not invent a case that gives you the original form factor with wider bezels, and sticks some...
If by marketing you meaning bribing the unsuspecting public into using your devices by giving them away in ludicrous POGO offers and then poorly fabricating "cool" by paying celebrities to tweet about your product using those iPhones... Sure? Sounds like that "popular" girl I knew in high school who used "marketing" to get the boys to "love" her...
0. Great use of zero-baed indexes. 1. Yes, Kindle is DEFINITELY better than Android. 2. No, I probably would. I have Google Glass, and that's groundbreaking, although I don't use it much in practice. 3. The reason I think Apple games are going to do better is this... they are going to announce AppleTV at WWDC and probably already have a number of games work with it. In addition, they will prepare developers to build apps specifically for the device. It will also have an...
Did anybody really think that Amazon's TV entry would have been groundbreaking and awe-inspiring? Nope.   I'm waiting for what Apple has coming up in the next few months. I rather wait for something game-changing than to settle for an also-ran. Basically this is an AppleTV for Android that runs games that are half-baked. I don't see the point.
How about you just stick to what you're thinking because no one else here thinks like you. Sorry but I do not and will not purchase anything from a company that does not run I it's own merit. Samsung has proven they are unethical and only do things for the money. This trial is important to me because it underscores the very essentials of capitalism and the entrepreneurial spirit.
Just because it's something you need doesn't mean it's not patentable. It's because of inventions like these that you have a modern world and that deserves to be rewarded. Sorry Charlie.