or Connect

Posts by jkichline

1) Then buy a Macbook Air 11". It has all the ports, battery life and processing power. Just missing the Retina display.  I'm still not seeing the problem. No one is forcing you to buy this. It is what it is. If you don't like the offering, then either adjust your expectations, communicate this to Apple, and/or move on to a different device.2) I have a MacBook Pro Retina with a ton of ports. Guess what I do? I plug in a power cord and a Thunderbolt cord to run my entire...
Well maybe this will finally convince camera manufacturers that SD is dumb. Instead of having to open a hatch, remove a card and plug it in... how about I just select the dumb camera and import right in my computer? Heck I wouldn't even have to take it out the camera bag. Why do I need to get all physical when the slowest 802.11ac is twice as fast as the fastest SD cards? An SD card is only necessary for antiquated hardware workflows. It's time to make another step into...
It's only a short coming of the device because you perceive that it's one. There are many people who don't need all of those ports.  They will charge the device and if they have more needs, buy a docking station. Not a big deal.  If the device doesn't meet your needs, then buy something else. One port is enough. Apple decided to remove the "hub" from the computer. Most likely this will integrate into a new monitor/hub that Apple will be releasing.  The device is built as a...
It's great that Apple is releasing so much software. I really wish they would put some effort into fixing bugs. I have six bugs reported that they have not yet fixed. These are major kernel panic crashes and memory overruns that are easy to replicate.   Seems like they are flailing to get a stable build out and meet the scheduled timeframes for new products like Apple Watch.  I'm not saying this as a troll. I'm an iOS developer and have scores of iPads and iPhones that...
Dumbest idea ever. You'd have to pay me to go through those lame steps.
This is perfect for the app we use for musicians. They can set these bulbs up on a small stage and jame out for a few hours and run a basic light show. I'm actually excited about this one!
They probably aren't using the dumb technology, but Ericsson thinks they are so they are suing.  So it will go to court and Apple will prove that the patents are invalid and Ericsson could be held holding a bag of hurt especially if they get the ITC to ban iPhone products.  Good luck with that.
It's different. Ericsson made their patents part of the LTE standard and are trying to take a piece of every iPhone. There's a whole lot more value wrapped up in an iPhone than just LTE but they still want a piece of that.   If Apple patents something, they don't need to allow others to use it. They don't need to even offer licensing at all if they don't want to.  But in this case, the FRAND patents MUST be licensed.   I think at issue here are these wireless has-beens...
Apple should pay developers when they decide to take the App Store down like this.  It's inexcusable when you have people like me that are making our livings supporting the iPad with class-defining apps.   They should also pay us for finding and isolating all the damn bugs in iOS 8.