or Connect

Posts by jkichline

It is a method, but depends on your context of the actor. If you are a computer programmer, then yes you are looking for the code that does the work. However from the context of the user, this is a method to get real work done. The method is that the computer reads the text and provides you links so that you can perform a task fast. That is a user interface method independent of how it is structured in code (which is also important).
It's awesome how hyperlinks weren't even a "thing" when this was invented in the early 90's. Use some historical context.  Also, the notion of intelligently detecting certain types of data and automatically creating a link is, and still is a very novel concept worthy of a patent.
I think Apple could delve into the sub $1000 category more with an 11" MB powered by an A8. $799.  64 GB. Done.  Reserve Retina for iPad and higher end Macbook Airs.
I don't know about anyone else, but MS user interfaces are already invisible to me. I simply don't use them! It's been the best thing I've ever done.
They really don't understand the notion of freedom of the press huh? Seems like a pretty North Korean tactic. Maybe Samsung should move.
No WWDC for this year. Again.   I guess I'm neither fast enough, nor lucky enough now.
Microsoft bringing up the tail with the "me too" implementation. Seriously, Apple announced this what, two years ago? Forstall introduced it. How are these companies so unoriginal?
Here we go again. Yawn. Go ahead Google, just add to the confusion for consumers who buy crappy Netflix boxes. I'll wait for something truly innovative. We're ready Apple.
I don't think Apple will sell the panel for one major reason... you can't sell it in an Apple store. Imagine trying to sell 60" panels and walk out of the mall.  It's all sorts of logistical issues. But an AppleTV you can throw in a small bag and go home. This makes TV panels "dumb" so the price drops out the bottom which doesn't really affect Apple at all.   However, another argument is that technology is basically to a point where you're not going to see a ton of...
In the context of accurate history... Apple DID leapfrog Android since Google Now didn't come until later. Also regarding Maps (aside from initial launch woes and inaccurate data from third-party sources) they also leapfrogged what Google had in terms of 3D on the phone. Google caught up pretty well, although Siri is still pretty great.