or Connect

Posts by jkichline

AppApple has been making me money hand over fist since I began investing. I started buying at $74 before the iPhone launched and it's been a nice ride since then. Sounds like you just don't know how to invest properly.Google makes money on ads. Ads! Seriously? Most companies I know are pulling their online search marketing and moving to social media and beyond. Google will soon find that out. Google makes nothing on Android. Nothing.But if you want to hitch a ride on a...
32 bit. How quaint.
I'm systems architect for 15+ years, serial tech entrepreneur (three successful businesses) and have successful apps on the app store. After years of fiddling with Windows admin and development, I saw the light... Apple makes damn good products on rock solid platforms. Unix + Objective-C. It's so elegant and efficient.   So stop you're stupid stereotyping.   But then again, you are probably paid to troubleshoot and install anti-virus software on Windows machines all...
Finally some justice!
First, many credit processing systems require a ZIP code to verify the credit card's authenticity. This is quite a common practice especially with the level of hacking we've seen lately with Target, etc. Second, there's no correlation between what a legal document claims to allow and what was actually done. What's put in privacy policies is intentionally broad and usually applies only to the transaction method employed. For instance, a privacy policy on a website doesn't...
Uh, because it takes Apple a few days to approve the release? 5-7 days if it's not expedited.
No, they've been sending emails like this as far back as I can remember. I just checked my email and found a receipt like this from 3/28/08. That's before the app store launched.
Because Apple lumps purchases into batches. This allows you to purchase random $0.99 tracks quickly and not have it show up as separate transactions on your credit card. It would also be pretty annoying if you got an email every time you downloaded a track.
Because Apple handles purchases in batches. You wouldn't want a separate charge for each $0.99 track you purchase.
You know why schools are buying iPads for education? Because they work. They give kids great software and allow them to focus on one, easy to use app at a time. I can attest first hand that my son (now 3-1/2) has learned a lot from playing with a few great and free apps available on the app store.