or Connect

Posts by jkichline

It's not ubiquitous. Try turning on a microwave. WiFi shuts off because it runs in the same narrow spectrum (2.4Ghz) unless you are using 5 Ghz range. Here's another one... try using WiFi or cellular data at a concert. Guess what? Too much RF and overloaded cell towers can take it down in  a hurry.  I'm traveling to NAMM (National Association of Music Manufacturers) in Anaheim, CA at the end of January. They NEVER have any Internet that works. Why? 500,000 people and twice...
Yes, but in many of those cases I need to remember to save music to my computer and consciously manage that. iCloud allows my content to be everywhere, but does not require an internet connection once the content is there and it all happens without me having to think about it.  That's just one for instance.  Question: If I have a spreadsheet online and get somewhere with no Internet connection, can I view and edit that spreadsheet if I did not save a copy locally?  In...
Good question. Well for one thing, to remain backwards compatible with iOS 6, it requires code that's not very flexible. For instance, the meaning of "tintColor" is now different in iOS 7 than in everything else in iOS (6.1 and earlier).  Setting a tintColor on a navigation bar would change the background color of the bar while applying the gradient. To do that now, all references have to be set to "barTintColor" or other depending on the view.  The tintColor property now...
Worthless reporting. It doesn't account for devices being activated over time (getting gifts on Christmas Eve, December 26th) and it doesn't account for any volume. As another poster mentioned, Amazon could activate 100 Kindles a day and Apple could activate a million. This stat would indicate that Apple activated 2.3 million on Christmas and Amazon 2,400. Which is better? In addition, how does Flurry even know of activations? The only way would be if a user installed and...
While I can't say that iOS 7 is the best thing for developers, I do have to say that Nokia can't just blame Apple. Sure they could say they don't want to have to update their app for iOS 7 and stuff like that, but really? It's not that hard unless you have no clue how to write apps in the first place (likely the problem)   I think this is simply sour grapes. Apple comes out with a new operating system and forces developers to update their software to remain relevant....
Exactly. These devices just came onto the market. Most Android devices that are still counted as "marketshare" are old devices that don't do much. Those are the ones that I've come into contact with. I have a Nexus 7 (not a phone I know), but the thing can't hold a charge and is getting progressively slower. My employee's Android phone (Motorola) freezes up when you pick up the phone and sometimes crashes. My friend's Android phone (another Motorola), can't keep a charge...
There's no indication that either of those are going to fall "flat" anytime soon and I'm pretty certain Apple has some pretty smart people innovating and taking a look at future market trends. They also have the iTunes store (apps, music, video) which makes more money by itself than most tech companies.
You sound like Baghdad Bob. Seriously, while you cling to your precious "marketshare", did it ever occur to you that people just throw out old electronic devices they don't like? Maybe take them over to the salvation army to be re-activated over and over again? Desperately trying to find someone who will love the device before it's battery stops working? Almost all of my friends that have Android phones have dumped them for another one that was just as cheap. Where are all...
This is simply because iOS devices are the only ones worth using for anything meaningful. Most Android devices on the market are pathetically cheap, antiquated and can hardly make a phone call. Mind you, not all... But most of the "market share". Go to an airport or a Panera Bread and look around. What tablet or phone are people actually using for work and play? How many people are using their phablets to take any decent pictures or video? They are toys at best and...
There it is... The expected analyst pissing on the fire. The truth is that Apple is eating up Android market in the US right now. Android is the appetizer.