or Connect

Posts by jkichline

Last I checked, Legos are patented and they have no problem fitting together...
Apple announced in October that Target was supporting Apple Pay in their app and online presence, but not in their physical stores.
Yeah, except if your credit card is stolen, you the transaction can still take place.  TouchID ensures that the owner of the credit card is present at the time of purchase in a way that can't be hacked.  All you need is a device that transmits NFC data instead of reprogrammable magnetic strips and you can still steal credit card numbers all day long.
I was able to sign into iTunes Connect mid-afternoon on Sunday while they had said it would be closed through Sunday. Got to remember there's that whole time zone thing...
iTunes Connect is used for all iTunes content. The reason for the lockout is to handle traffic during peak periods and to reduce Apple's customer support over that period too. Lots of reasons why, but mostly to prevent gaming the system.
Because there are so many rogue Thunderbolt devices out there in the wild. If you're dumb enough to buy some cheap, Thunderbolt device without any certifications, then you probably deserve to get hacked. I would assume that Apple and Intel requires devices to be certified to be sold and if they are not, they can't be purchased through normal channels.  It's the same deal if you use some cheap charger and your phone catches on fire or you get electrocuted. You can't blame...
The Apple presentation in October has it's intended effect... to have people wait and see.  In other words, they are not moving to any smart watches until Apple releases theirs.  Why would you spend money on an Android Watch without knowing what Apple has in store? If you're an iPhone or iPad user, you wouldn't now because you want to see what Apple comes out with.   That presentation was primarily targeted as a stall tactic until they get everything working just right,...
It's nice to hear that our justice system works. Now these just need to appeal that stupid e-books settlement and I can have faith in our government again.   Now Apple should provide a free iPod Touch to all those plaintiffs and lock them into their ecosystem ;)
Good luck there, Sammy. Sounds like another hack job to stick on your "features" list to make yourself appear relevant to uneducated consumers.
I just don't understand why the government has to butt in and protect me as a consumer in these cases.  Hey guess what? I wanted the iPhone and I paid a premium to get it!  What is this Android's new attempt to try to compete with Apple?   Look, if I want to pay more as a consumer for a product that I'm going to use and that lasts and provides a better user experience, than I damn well want that product at the price it's offered.  I don't need the government protecting...