or Connect

Posts by jkichline

Or maybe they took a step forward, to turn the nano back into a non-wearable to make way for the real iWatch?
It's perfectly normal for Apple to wait 6 months. When Steve Jobs was at the helm, the only really big announcements were at the Macworld Expo and an event in the fall with WWDC reserved mostly for software announcements. This year they did change things up by announcing at WWDC the MacPro, and have two special events in the fall. For those who want a brief history, you can watch all the videos since 2010 here: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/   So typically they...
Good point, although I think that number should be higher but I agree they are looking a little ahead.
I guess I have a different level of acceptable risk and expectation of future returns than "big investment houses". Then again, that's why I made a mint on Apple by investing pre-iPhone and why I'm a serial entrepreneur and not a boring banker.
I didn't say anything about it being complicated to understand. Apple has a history of creating new product categories and succeeding where other companies have failed. I have no idea why wall street hasn't figured that out by now. Their silence is the calm before the storm when they release the next thing in the beginning of June. Sadly, every analyst and other tech company has yet to figure this out.
My cord cutter?
I bought at $74/share and am playing long. Sure I could have sold at $704/share but I didn't. Why? Because I believed that Apple did not make a misstep and wall street (in their idiotic wisdom) thought they did. Apple is still raking in profits and WS is penalizing them for it. Why? I have no idea.   Now the fact is that WWDC is only a month away. For those of you who can't wait until then... go take your stock elsewhere and quit complaining here. You can complain to...
Just because you don't know how, doesn't give you the right to the property. For instance, if I wanted a piece of land and went through the proper legal channels to obtain it and shuffled the scores of papers to be signed, it becomes mine because I followed the letter of the law. If I find a person in a tent camping on my land, I have the right to remove them from it. They can claim it's theirs and that they lived there for years, but unless they are willing to go through...
Who cares if the feature existed before Apple released it? The fact is that these patents have not been found to be invalid which means, as of the time of this trial, Apple deserves to be compensated for their intellectual property. Just because you could get something on a jailbreak (on iOS or Android) doesn't mean that the hacker programmers that made the hack bothered to check into the patent office or patent the method they used. That's their problem, not Apple's or...
Great article. For those who think this is propaganda, I do challenge you to find the lie in it. Propaganda is not necessarily a lie however, it could be the truth sent to the other side. I've owned Apple stock since 2006 because I've seen the way they lead the industry and the way they run their business. Many companies are only looking for the money and to make cheap, throwaway devices. Apple bucks that trend by making more expensive, but more valuable objects, dare I...