or Connect

Posts by jkichline

My business credit card was just compromised and my personal credit card gets compromised about once a year. If these stores don't provide support for Apple Pay soon, I will no longer be going to those stores. I'm sick of my credit card getting stolen and having to go through the headache of changing information each time.
Seems to me that Google is a bit scared by what Apple has up its sleeve with Maps. Apple may be bringing an assault on web maps and potentially more. Google appears to be shotgun-promising random things, at least that's what this article seems to indicate. I never liked street view aside from checking out the fun things the Google car caught.
So even though it's not exactly the same image, it can be construed that it's in the same vain. I think the issue is can every single icon by copyrighted and how far does that copyright extend (in other words, how much can it be different and still be considered the same).  For instance, it's reversed, different color, not an icon, and the lines are different.  So while some may feel it's the "same", it's really not.  In the same way there are a lot of font typefaces that...
It's not the same image. Aside from being reversed, it's not the same width strokes, different break locations, different curves, etc.
I still think this whole lawsuit is utter bullshit. I can't see how it was collusion and how bringing another strong competitor into a monopolistic market (Amazon) is a bad thing for the market. Intellectual property needs to be valued and Amazon was whoring it out to gain market share.
Then we need to also outlaw billboards.  If we are supposed to keep our eyes on the road, then why the hell are their giant signs not on the road that require your attention to read? Or what about trying to change the freaking radio in newer cars? Or screaming children? Maybe women in short skirts should not be permitted to walk near roadways.  Seriously... learn to drive. If you can't drive, then you shouldn't.   I think this law is just overstepping because some people...
They could burn diesel, e-diesel, biodiesel, ethanol, methanol, natural gas, good clean propane...
Probably a smart move for a new product to control quality and variability in a new OS with required integration.
I find it so pathetic that these countries have to resort to extortion to try to make money. I'm willing to bet that what Apple is doing is 100% legal, but these countries are poopooed that Apple has more cash on hand than their entire economy.  If I were Apple I'd leave and shut down any retail there and let the consumer inform their own democracies.
Dearest Ireland, Thank you for the incentives. Look at what we can do together. Stick up for us with those incentives you offered and we will be good to you. If not, we will take our manufacturing elsewhere. Love, Apple