or Connect

Posts by jkichline

Removing the sidebar has caused so much confusion for my users. Our first step in helping them with iTunes-related issues is to have them turn the sidebar back on. I still don't understand the new layout (but I have sidebar on so I don't need to)
We all know that iOS devices are more energy efficient than their Android counterparts (leaner OS, custom chip design, etc). So it's not necessarily a bad thing that the battery is smaller. My minivan has a 20 gallon tank and my VW GTI has a 15 gallon tank. Both can go the same distance. It's just that one is a whole lot more fun to drive
Samsung is so annoying and sad.
I choose to pay the iBooks price. Period. As a consumer, I should be free to pay what I want for content, goods and services. I don't need the government "protecting" me. I wasn't scammed. I saw the price and paid it. The only thing that they are making their case on is that Apple colluded with publishers to fix prices. Personally I don't think they did. They just said stuff should probably be about this much money which is fair to publishers. I think the government is...
OK, so let's do some quick math Mr. Analyst. How many corporations are there in the world. Answer... BIG NUMBER that is greater than 500. OK.  Next, Apple says they are used in 98% of Fortune 500 and 92% in Global 500 right? Yes. But, they don't say that there is anywhere near 100% penetration of mobile devices used by employees in those corporations, just that they are being used there.  Now, let's look at IBM who may or may not be used in those large corporations, but IS...
Apple and IBM to Google and Samsung, "Hey, shut up kids, the grownups are talking over here".
Facebook, CNN, Hulu and others... take note. It's 2014. It's time to drop Flash like a bad habit.
Meanwhile in Googleland – KitKat can't even hit 11% penetration...   While Android fans may think it's funny that Apple fans mock them on this number, it's not a superiority complex... it's a very real problem for developers. Why would I build the next best, cutting edge app if only 5-10% of the population can run it? Economically that doesn't make sense. Developers are then forced to code for the lowest common denominator which means less elegant code, more time testing...
And now we know why the Chinese State Media was coming down on Apple...
IDC statistics. Ignored.