or Connect

Posts by jkichline

Do you know the terms of the contract with these users? If it's like my grandfathered ATT contract, it's quite reasonable for unlimited data.  I wouldn't call it huge. ($40/month for unlimited text and data).  Do you know how much they are charging? Is it comparable to current rates that are capped at a certain amount?The fact is that under these proposed changes, they never take away unlimited data, they are just reducing the bandwidth at sites that are getting crunched....
I think what you are forgetting here is that this customer is eating up all of the food and other customers are being turned away or told that certain dishes are not available because of the fat lard that sits in the corner eating ribs all day.  If that happened, you can bet that the restaurant would change the policy to allow them to kick the user out for bothering other customers and effecting the service of the restaurant. Unfortunately, cellular companies can't point...
Exactly. The issue here is one of economics. These companies can't put in more antennas because of government regulation and the public don't want ugly antennas. Then you someone who has an unlimited data plan who watches Netflix all day, effectively slowing that cell for everyone else. The solution is to reduce that user's bandwidth to provide a level of service that everyone else is also paying for. I think this is a fair tradeoff for those who are abusing a cell site at...
The only issue Apple has right now is competing with itself. We have an app that we keep running on iOS 5.1 and higher.  15% of our users are still using an iPad 1 and about 35% are running iPad 2.  These are current stats.  What that means is that half of our users are running 3 year old devices perfectly well!  The "issue" is that Apple has created a near perfect device the first time around so the cycle time is about 3-4 years.
a) This is a RUMOR site. Expect this. b) You act like other stories made up by analysts are researched. Um... no. c) Because, click bait.   That being said, I think it's something that governments should look into (or do we not trust them either now?). Are we putting technology into the hands of enemies of the state because of an unfettered believe in "open and cheap"? Should we allow commercial entities (Apple, Google, Microsoft) to permit technology like encryption...
I think this is interesting research and does speak to the fact that Android is not very secure and allows apps to be side loaded quite easily. The open nature and hackability makes it very attractive to terrorists groups competing with forces like the US military. I wouldn't be surprised if we would start finding Android devices strapped to IED and missiles for GPS navigation and communications.  It's a pretty scary prospect that rogue militants (whether Al-Qaeda or just...
I love watching the dogs scuffle over the crumbs the master dropped.
Samsung is a shameful company. In what world would an acquisition mean that you no longer need to uphold your contracts?
They will announce mid September and launch a week later, probably on the 19th or 23rd. That would get them a week or so of sales push for the quarter, but continue a strong sales push through the end of the year.
When two companies merge, there will be overlap in functions, typically on the administration side (finance, office management, etc).  It's quite feasible that 40% of the company are these types of people that have duplicate positions at Apple. It would stand to reason that you need to let them go at some point, but there's nothing saying that they couldn't apply to Apple HQ.  The report does say global, so there's a good chance a lot of this is retail presence overseas...