or Connect

Posts by jkichline

This. Smart.
They put out more than one product a year. Let's see, so far we've had brand new laptops (one of which was redesigned and made thinner) all with better battery life than the competition for the size. The new MacPro, redesigned iMac (that was about a year ago now), iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina, iPhone 5c and 5s. The thing with Apple is they take their shot and they hit the mark nearly every time. It takes how many products for Samsung to try to reach Apple's level of...
Very nice. Great price. Great Product. Sounds like a winner to me.
Could have some pretty cool music applications as it's intended, sort of making it a new type of instrument.
Yes. Because they are higher quality and offered a better experience than Amazon. You are not overcharged if you've agreed to pay and have a choice to shop elsewhere.
I wasn't claiming to know his thoughts and feelings, only saying that a person can change, so quoting something from 30 years ago to determine what that person believes before they died or to insinuate and entire company's persona is flawed.
The point was not whether he changed or not (which is pretty well addressed in his biography which was written from private discussions, not public statements), but that you cannot pin an entire company's mantra on one man's quote said in his 20's. People change, bud.  The Apple of today is different and has a whole lot more integrity than most of it's peers. So why don't you move on?
Read the book. You posted a picture of the cover, I assume you read it.
I'm just telling you why I don't buy Samsung or Android. Steve was not a saint and, unless something miraculous has happened, doesn't run Apple any more. Even still, the quote is misleading as being attached to a picture of Steve towards the end of his career instead of Steve in the beginning.  People change and learn things along the way. A lot was changed after the initial interview where this quote originates.  He was kicked out of Apple, started Next and was...
No, I hate Android. It's a fragmented mess to develop for and they ripped off Apple and Oracle. I'm not buying these products because I believe that people and companies should be rewarded for their handwork in creating something new and not have their work ripped off by a bunch of lazy hackers who couldn't design their way out of a hole in the ground. I'm not buying Samsung products for the same reason. Take a look at the Android SDK sometime. Then look at the iOS SDK....