or Connect

Posts by Tallest Skil

I saw that and left him some of the same questions on that video; just covering my bases. Oh, lovely. I hadn’t seen that. I think that may clinch it for me. I love my 4870, but it’s time to move on. I’m just glad the existence of the new Mac Pro hasn’t completely killed graphics card developments for OS X.
 Well, 4096x3072. No, it didn’t need to be changed. That’s why they didn’t change it.

Yeah, I ought to post this on a Hackintosh forum, but I know you guys.   I want a 970. It has the best cost/performance ratio right now. nVidia has a driver for OS X that works just fine and Windows will obviously work where the 4870 doesn’t (support was dropped in Windows 8/10 and it boots to 640x480). Plus there might be a deal on Black Friday.   Has anyone followed Hackintosh instructions and put a(ny) non-standard card in their Mac? Did you run into voltage issues...
Okay, enjoy your delusions. If your argument had any actual merit, you wouldn’t need to add a qualifier at all.
Just as long as it stay non-ionizing. Space-based microwave beaming, for example, sounds like a great idea, and the Japanese have been all up on the idea since the ‘80s, but something tells me that it wouldn’t be a good idea in the home. I don’t want the popcorn in my pantry going off when I’m not watching a movie.
 Yeah, I’m bothered that “their” is becoming the politically correct answer to the masculine being the default gender in English. As with much political correctness, it’s not at all correct. They do (sort of). Which says something about here.  
 I can’t see any device needing a curved display... Maybe a future Apple Watch, but otherwise. The roll-up idea is an extension thereof, but it would require a mechanism to retain stability when pulled out. If we consider those metamaterials that can retain their shape when an electric current is sent through them it’s a possibility, but requiring electricity to keep the shape stable would also imply much more powerful batteries. I think that the next wave of true...
Yeah, they spurred on innovation in a stagnant industry and terrified the established powers into improvement. HOW AWFUL. Come off it.
I want a 15”, but that’s six years off. I have a first gen, will get a 12, and then the 15 will run OS XI, so that’s a nice six year lifecycle.