or Connect

Posts by Tallest Skil

Aha! I see what happened. The screen at the beginning was just a screenshot. When the ice falls, one of the cubes touches the screen and animates the menu options up onto it. Just like iOS and the Photos app, touch to hide, touch to show. Why they felt they needed to use a screenshot instead of showing the OS live is another question.
 Ah, yes, but that’s after Disney’s sale of the company. I’m less concerned about that, as I’m not a worthless pile of dreck like some parents seem to be*, but more about the brainwashing they do to their own employees. You mentioned Hannah Montana. Miley Cyrus has “graduated” to fellating blowup dolls on stage and doing fully nude music videos. What values were instilled in her by her former corporation, would you say? *To clarify, I am a worthless pile of dreck, just not...
 And after 38 years in the computer industry they’re selling three (four) models instead of 20 or more? I can’t see how anyone–least of all you–could justify the idea that Apple is trying to fill every niche when the opposite has been their entire business model for the last 17 years (said business model netting them incredible profits and popularity where before, when they did try to do this, the opposite was true).You remember the mess that was the Performas and Quadras...
Then they’re doing the worst job of it of any company in the markets in which they’re invested. 😐  In before someone tries to tie Mighty Casey to this analogy. Then again, that might be too old for most.
A point on this that may seem like splitting hairs, but which actually defines Disney’s business practices and has for decades. “Under the Disney banner.” That’s an important distinction. Back to the Future, released with the Disney logo in front of it, may have been found inappropriate for that reason, but Lucasfilm properties, which won’t have that, will be treated differently. Disney’s child companies have absolutely no problem with all manner of questionable...
 GREAT SCOTT! That’s why the DeLorean was COLD when Doc touched it! The plutonium was just used to power a machine to condense the nitrogen in the air around the vehicle, thereby propelling it into the future using the sheer power of COLD!
All right, here’s how I’ve always seen Apple’s lineups in their various categories. A dartboard. Now, for the purpose of this analogy, the center’s not where you want to be. Heck, it’s a dartboard; sometimes you have to shoot for the edges to get your total down by the right amount. What I’m most interested in here is coverage. The area covered by the offerings. If there’s another game or a different way to illustrate a game in which coverage is more most important, feel...
 As you may have gathered, my only problem with the device is its telephony. If it is designed and sold as a phone, it can’t do as well as a device designed to be used like a phone. Okay, I think I see what you mean now. Well, sure! “Making money”, but that isn’t competition in the same sense. Whenever you hear people scream, “Competition is good! Apple needs Android because they wouldn’t ever change their products otherwise!” they couldn’t care less about the amount of...
Right, so… we’ve no evidence of this. Just like we can’t trust Samsung when they say what they’ve sold.
 It’s entirely possible. No anger at all. Speaking truth. Someone who buys a product that is designed to be unusable for what it was intended is a moron. Doesn’t matter what the product is. If you buy a car designed with two wheels such that you have to have even weight distribution on both sides otherwise it’ll tip over and scrape the road as you drive, that’s stupidity.  And here’s the rub: you keep making things up based on this question already being answered. Yeah,...