or Connect

Posts by Tallest Skil

Seems kinda dumb to necro a thread with 1. wrong information 2. irrelevant information.
 Not really. It would obviously have other uses, either in patents or in people. Apple doesn’t buy things that are only good for one use. Given that the premise is that it’s the ONLY means of control, yeah, I’d sort of think you wouldn’t be turning that off.
 The Wacom tablets with built-in screens can accept capacitive touch from both their included styluses and your fingers?
 … What? You can’t make money on selling a TV. The lifespan is too long and the market is too saturated. Yes, it’s actually saturated, unlike the fictional saturation we hear about for just about everything else. Television is the third most saturated electronics market on the entire planet, and build quality is trending lifespan upward so far that it’s not feasible to enter, much less expect even 20% profit per model. Finally, couple that with “intelligence” hardware that...
 He was pretty darn good at pulling out accurate predictions of technology beyond Jobs’ five years that are accurately predictable.
 I pull this out a lot. Some might be getting tired of it. Still, I think it’s relevant.
I would be all over a stylus (or screen, or both, whichever would be required technologically) whose tip can be sensed independently of any skin. I suppose the easiest way to do that is implement the touchscreen patent that Apple has which can distinguish users by the difference in capacitance they register to the system. Simply make a stylus (or tell third parties that they must make their styluses) capaci… tate at EXACTLY such-and-such Hz, and then the device knows to...
 BUT, I think that the new breakthroughs in battery tech will make this a non-issue until such time as we can make powerful processing hardware truly sip electricity. Namely that new battery that plans to charge in seconds/minutes.  I don’t think people would much mind taking off their watch (still not sold on the idea)/phone to charge fully while they use the restroom or get a bowl of cereal*, you know?*Yes, only those two activities. They’ll mind in every other...
 Isn’t that last year’s?
 Stop it immediately. BECAUSE APPLE ISN’T IN THE MARKET OF RELEASING CRAP THAT NO ONE CAN USE.BECAUSE THREE YEAR OLD, THREE POINT FIVE INCH SCREEN IPHONES SELL BETTER THAN ALL BUT ONE OF THOSE “BIGGER” PHONE MODELS.BECAUSE THERE’S LITERALLY NOTHING TO WONDER ABOUT IF YOU TAKE LESS THAN A MINUTE TO THINK ABOUT IT. Of course they can, and they will. And it won’t be that big.