or Connect

Posts by Tallest Skil

I definitely see what you’re saying, but iDevices are only advertised as capable of playing x formats under y DRM (or free of it). FairPlay content doesn’t run on any non-Apple device or service, after all. If it’s a matter of “exclusionary” tactics by Apple, then it is equally a matter of “exclusionary” tactics by all other hardware manufacturers not to support music with Apple’s DRM. I don’t know if it was possible with other services to do what you can do with iTunes...
 Oh, I don’t think he was questioning that. We certainly cut off their oil because of what they were already doing, but Pearl Harbor, specifically, happened because of our sanctions.
Because no other carrier does it.
 Well, Easter Island proximity, so… he’s probably in Chile’s Exclusive Economic Zone.Seriously, at the time of the Alaska Purchase, it was also negotiated for the US to take a “99-year lease” for Russia west of 160ºE. Given that this was before the commie revolution, that lease would… not have been returned. I really wish we owned East Alaska.
 If the collapse of Russia leads to American-owned Kamchatka and Chukotka, I’m fine with that.
I think it would solve most problems if the asked-for damages went both ways. You win, you get it. You lose, that’s what you pay them.
We did, just not a sensible amount of damages. $25 billion (before tripling) would have been more accurate.
 If that’s the amount for which you’re paying, yep. My plan with Verizon, for example, has me pay for 3GB, but I get an extra 2GB free per month. So when Verizon does this, if they use the same terms, I could only roll over anything left from the 3GB, even if I still had the extra 2 unused. I can only imagine that we’ll see all of the Big Four do this by the end of Q1 2015.
Of course. This was never in question. Now sue the morons responsible for this for damages.
The extra data for which you are paying rolls over. If you’re getting a free monthly gig or something, that doesn’t. Anything you pay for as part of the plan will. It’s just vague enough that the above will hold up in court, so that’s probably what they’re after.