or Connect

Posts by Tallest Skil

1. It’s pretty. Really pretty. Models and practical sets shot, and where it’s CGI it looks detailed enough (and the lighting accurate enough) to make me really happy.   2. I like that they’ve kept the idea of the Imperial Remnant, having read zero of the expanded universe myself, anyway.   3. I’m not exactly sure how to articulate how I feel about the new way of shooting things. It has ‘Abrams’ written all over it, but I’m accustomed to the traditional ship shots, both...
Know what I’d like retailers to say? I’d like them to say whether their deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday are separate.   Not gonna order a 970 for $349 today if it’s going to be $329 on Monday... Much less looking for other things.
Oh, hi. I dunno.     Were they? I can’t remember things more than a few minutes. I know had Perian work wonderfully up to the last GM of Yosemite. It would even play WebM files inline (or on their own page) in Safari. The release, however, doesn’t do that, and I’ve just decided to stop using it in favor of HandBrake-ing all files that QuickTime/iTunes can’t play. Not that there are many, but...
 What if that’s interspersed with an hour of her sitting perfectly still?
 It’s... 8 with all the wrong changes made. That’s how I’d describe it. Hopefully the release is better. *stifled laughter*
 I think I’d be in favor of that if my machine had Thunderbolt ports. As it stands, I just want the most elegant solution possible that is also 1. safe and 2. works.  Right, but I mean in Windows. It’s a gaming card; I don’t want the experience wrecked by an artificial data bottleneck. The card is PCIe 3 and my slot is PCIe 2; makes no sense that it would kick down to 1.0.
 Guess I’ll just use the SysPrefs option. Because who am I kidding; I don’t want to go back to Windows 8! I want the ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE with Windows, and that can only be achieved by Windows 10 Technical Preview.   Hang on, that guide says the cards will only run at PCIe 1.0 speeds... I know GPUs don’t saturate a 2.0 16x bus yet, but do they a 1? Will there be a bottleneck? And yep, there goes my fear about converting two 6-pin molex to 8-pin again. I knew...
 The Rifftrax for it makes light of that: *As Nero’s ship is being eaten by the black hole*“I have no regrets. Well, except for waiting in space for 25 years for a revenge I never got; I guess I regret that. I regret that a LOT, in fact...” And earlier:“Sir, why don’t we just go to Vulcan now and kill Spock while he’s a kid?”“NOPE, WAIT UNTIL HE’S OLDER.” I wish they had made Khan Khan. Get a Spaniard to play him (yes, I know he’s Indian) instead of Napoleon Cummerbund,...
Just measured the inside of my Mac Pro. The ASUS Strix GTX 970 will fit. The heatsink pipes will come pretty close to the side door, but there’s still clearance, and it’s not as though the Mac Pro is designed poorly under anyone’s definition. It’s slightly shorter than the Radeon 4870’s card frame (that little black thing that sticks out the back of the regular card to make it long enough to slide into the fan assembly), but since I’m installing it in the bottom slot...
 nVidia has their own driver for the Maxwell series cards. Seems to work fine all the way up to Yosemite and they’re improving it all the time. That’s really my only concern. I haven’t found or measured dimensions for that model, but, what, they’d make something that didn’t fit a standard double height slot? How is that legal? How would they expect to sell any doing that? Standards exist for a reason. I’ll still measure it before I pull the trigger, though. And there’s...