or Connect

Posts by RoadWarrior56

Do I always have to read a lecture on how bad iPod Touches are in this forum?  There are scads of editorial comments in these forums on how iPod Touches are poor cousins to iPhones and that nobody should buy one.  I just asked about iOS 6.  iOS 5 works fine on mine right now, so I won't switch if I don't think it is worth my while, so thanks for the heads up on iOS 6.   BTW, I don't have a data plan and I don't want one right now.  I am happy with the Touch that I...
I own a 4G iPod Touch.  iOS 6 is available for download today.  However, I am holding back a few days before I decide whether or not to install it.  I was wondering if any iPod Touch users have installed it yet and if there have been any issues that have showed up on your particular machine, such as battery consumption, wifi, etc.  Also, does it seem to be a worthwhile update based on how it works on your unit?
When I see how much smartphone data costs these days, I am very glad I use a dumb phone without paying for data, plus owning an iPod Touch for most of the features I would use a smartphone for if I had one.  The rising costs for mobile data is a sure cure for iPhone envy on my part.
Based on how the article read to me, I doubt their are unlimited options at all.  They may be more reasonably priced within their caps and the caps may be at varying amounts, but it is implied to me that their will be some kind of cap for each plan that will be offerned.
I told my wife about this article and her response was that when it is time to upgrade her phone, she will just buy a new iPhone at the unsubsidized price to keep her unlimited data.  She is a realtor and a heavy data user.  I suspect that the unsubsidized sales of iPhones will increase so heavy users can keep their unlimited data.  As far as I am concerned, I have no data plan.  I have a cheap phone and an iPod Touch.  I am not as heavy a data user as my wife and I do...
I got a 64 GB iPod Touch for Christmas and it is an amazing device, i use it everywhere. To me it is a pocket-sized iPad that serves as my electronic swiss army knife, without needing a data plan. My only pet peeve with it is that I wish I could turn off cover flow, like I can on my iPod Nano. But beyond that, an optional 3G capability is the only "missing" feature that I would love to see added. As far as whether it is "killed", who knows, but I seriously doubt it. ...
I am not willing to pay the ridiculous amount of money for a data plan these days, thank god for my iPod touch and simple cell phone.
I won't keep ranting on the 6th Generation Nano's features and form factor or the fact that you get less for your money than the previous generation. And I won't even rant that the new model appears to be a solution in search of a problem. However, I think the new Nano will be a lackluster seller, but it very well may significantally canibalize sales of the Shuffle. If I really wanted the Shuffle's size, I would go for the Nano instead. Finally, if you ever had a...
Thank goodness I have a 5th Generation iPod Nano. My fingers are too big to use this thing. Just because you can make something smaller doesn't necessarily mean it will be a better device.
I just saw the picture of what is believed to be the new Nano on this website. I do await to see the unveiling, if for no other reason because I am always curious about new gadgets. So in that respect, I do have an open mind. However, I am a tall person and have large hands. Tiny electronic devices often give me problems being that they do not work easily with my larger fingers. When I looked at that picture, I thought of that as a possible issue. I guess I think...