or Connect

Posts by mabhatter

I would agree. Apple was not allowed to SELL THE IPHONE IN CHINA until they sealed up its ability to anonymously surf sel-made wifi and allow the government to track all types of social media that might be posted. The Chinese Govt DEMANDED more accurate tracking features than Apple was putting in American phones for the longest time.Somebody didn't realize Apple was just letting the tracking be PUBLIC... And that capitalists were using it. Big Brother Apple and the phone...
A5 is a giant product for Apple... iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod Touch... All have been in production and some are STILL in production right now. I think we will probably see iOS 9 for A5.... Or iOS 9 will go A7/64-bits and up... Leaving 50+ million devices at A5 and A6 levels. That's a big group of users to drop without so e kind of alternate means... Kind of like how iOS 6 devices do much better at selecting Apps that are compatible from the Apps a Store when they...
There is nothing at the Apple store to drive repeat traffic. The last NEW device was the Mac Pro... Which is impossible to get at a store and has zero accessories you might return for. That was in January. Apple Store has sworn off all but the most expensive software packages. They have neat accessories for iPhones and iPads.. But software and accessories all start at $50+ now.. Well outside "Saturday afternoon browsing" range. They really don't seem to want to bother...
But now they cannot have cake! At least Samsung users won't have to stand in lines being hip all day waiting for launch. Now There's no chance for the Apple fanboys to make snarky comments. But no CAKE either... Launching a new phone is a good excuse for cake.
Can Apple Survive 2013? Only if the government doesn't change tax laws to allow the $145+ BILLION the have offshore into the country. Otherwise Apple employees will be crushed under the sheer weight of all that cash dropped off at Apple headquarters. Analysts complain Apple is "slowing" as only shallow vapid and insanely greedy first world people managing other people's money can. Apple makes more profit from handsets than ALL THE OTHER COMPANIES put together. Apple...
I'll bite on that one.... The FTC needs to watch for that. Because AT&T accountants are burning their margin by claiming extra months against the phones. Just like that stupid $.61 fee... When its time for rate hikes, they need to tell them to flip off because they have taken profits several times already...
I don't see the issue really, I'm six months out of contract because the iPhone 5 was too soon and I can wait for the 5S. Apple's one-phone-per-year plan fits this model nicely. Once you get on schedule you are only skipping one model of phone... For regular folks that's more than good enough.... I'm still camping on a 3GS here and don't feel like I've missed anything versus the iPhone 5 I got my son when his contract was up.
This is a "correction" not an appeal. When the jury awarded "damages" they were GIVEN something like 20 pages of forms WRITTEN BY LAWYERS with dozens and dozens of phone models... And they had to fill in a bubble and write a "damage" amount. So the end result turned in to the judge was 40 separate awards, with a summary page. It's posted somewhere and it is so poorly written and confusing its difficult to even READ the result correctly.That the JURY was manipulated in...
The problem is that of the Judge calls BS, then Samsung appeals on a "biased judge".That was played very successfully in the Microsoft antitrust trial. And while the app leaks judge there confirmed judge Jackson didn't do anything wrong, THEY also allowed the retrying to stand... And that was after Microsoft's lawyers publicly "slandered" the judge to the press.So judges will grant these perpetual retrials so their whole case doesn't force the court to redo it. Meanwhile...
Steve being the "old dog" in the industry had seen it all train wreck before. Google is trying to be the new "Microsoft" with Android.. There's no way Steve was gonna let it happen to HIM again.The article misses that Apple was throwing $500 million CASH upfront to Samsung in 2008 while Wall Street was bleeding out. That's loyalty, and owing Apple a BIG favor. When Steve calls the CEO and says "don't step on my toes", you call off the marketing dogs. It's the same problem...