or Connect

Posts by SSquirrel

Maybe you already own a large monior and are switching from a PC.  I had a perfectly good 22" I bought 2 years before.  No need for a monitor.  I switched and bought the mid grade Mini last year.  The Mini comes w/a HDMI to DVI adapter in the box, other adapters can be bought as needed.  Besides monitors last longer.  There are times the iMac will make more sense, but if you like upgrading your CPU and GPU more frequently, you can pick up a Mini and a monitor and just...
  Of their SMARTPHONE sales.  Smartphones are not the only phones sold ya know.  Plus there are all of the pay as you go phones, of which many are available w/Android phones.  Not so many Apple phones in those markets.
  Actually Roland didn't develop MIDI.  Dave Smith and Chet Wood (then of Sequential Circuits) designed and proposed it and it was then kicked around by various companies including Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Kawai, Oberheim, and Sequential Circuits.  Bob Moog announced MIDI in 1982 and in early 1983 Dave Smith showed a Prophet 600 and Jupiter 6 working together via MIDI.      Pedantic moment has passed :)
  Considering Sprint is one of the (the?) only contract phone carrier in the US providing unlimited data, how is their pricing outrageous?  AT&T and Verizon both charge more for less.  The problem is that Sprint's 3G service is stupidly slow.  The first markets they have their LTE in are turning up decent numbers, but it won't be spread thru the US fully until the end of next year.  Which is when it's phone upgrade time for me conveniently :)
  Your latter part certainly answers some of the apps not available on both platforms.  Here are a few examples just in music creation: Moog Animoog and Filtatron Korg iMS-20, iElectribe, iKaossilator Sunrizer Peavey AmpKit Amplitube iRig Phaedra DM-1   That is only a very small list.  Android still has terrible latency for music production and until that is resolved, you will continue to see nearly all advances in mobile music production ocur on iOS.      Also, if you...
  1) If people pay it it isn't too high is kind of the way the free market goes.  I price something at X and people DON'T buy it in droves, I clearly screwed something up.  Drop the price to X-50 and look at them fly off the shelves.  Apple already has a good idea what price points people will accept thanks to all their other lines of devices and I won't be surprised at all to hear 10 or 12M iPad Minis this holiday season, provided they can maintain production.   2) When...
  Not in the least, for me anyway.  Last year I bought the mid-grade 2011 b/c my PC had died and I didn't feel like building a new gaming PC when I had been planning to upgrade to a laptop at tax time.  The laptop ended up not happening (I set myself up w/6TB external storage instead), and largely b/c the Mini was handling everything just fine.  The reason I bought the $800 mid-grade model was b/c it offered the 6630M videocard instead of Intel graphics.  I just looked up...
  Highly unlikely.  More likely the decided their iOS devices are the biggest sellers, they want them available in brand spanking new versions before the holidays.  Move teh iPads to the fal land now all iOS devices have a fall release.  Let spring and summer be upgrades on the OS X machines and other assorted Apple goodies.  Spring and Summer is when a lot of the Intel releases happen anyway.  If they update the desktop and laptop lines in the quarter before new iOS...
    You are jumping the gun there.  Assuming b/c there was 6 months between new versions of the iPad that iOS will start doubling as well makes no sense.  The new OS came out a month ago and was not tied to this iPad release at all.  The iPad 3 will still be running the new iOS released next fall and we will see teh fall after that.  Personally I believe they are shifting all iOS devices to the holiday cycle. I bought the new iPad in March and it's fine. Nothing will...
Apple managed to keep the iPad 4 under wraps pretty well.  Very nice.  One of my friends just bought his iPad 3 on the 4th, so he is returning it for the new one heh.