or Connect

Posts by SSquirrel

Extinction maybe?  I think we will see a small bump to Ivy Bridge in the very near future for the desktop line (not Mac Pro, that's 2013), but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't unveil any of that on the 23rd.  They aren't changing form factors or anything (I don't expect), they will just change the guts and drop it on us
Their pricing is in line with Sprint as well.  The 6755 yen figure assumes you have to add those 3 numbers up to reach the total cost of your phone plan.   5460 yen = $69.53 6755 yen = $86.04  
As a Sprint customer, my only real concern is that if they do get bought out by the Japanese that our new overlords maintain our unlimited data plans :)
  I was a switcher last August and I already had a perfectly good 22" monitor, keyboard and mouse.  Plus I was trying to stretch some tax return money as far as I could.  The only time I hear my Mini is when I'm converting video or playing World of Warcraft.  I think I hear it some during Diablo 3, but WoW stresses it harder.  Doing anything else on it like watching movies, surfing the web, listening to music, I never hear it.  It takes up a lot less space than my old...
We already know the Mac Pro is coming next year. What if they decided the iMac and Mac Mini are fine as they see them currently using Sandy Bridge parts. I know my mid-2011 Mini w/the 6630 video card is doing just fine. Granted the roughest games I'm tossing at it are World of Warcraft and Diablo 3, but with my gaming and video conversion and what not, it certainly does everything I need. Maybe they decided since it was already getting late in the summer that they...
  http://www.groklaw.net/pdf4/ApplevSamsung-1991Ex1.pdf   Page 7, line 20 is where it all starts.  There are also other questions following that, including the bits I quoted earlier.  Inkling slagging on AI for posting what Hogan said about teh 10 year and not doing more research is kind of silly.  The initial AP pieces just have what he said too.  They don't take the time to dig thru 200 pages of court documentation.  Once the news is out, other people go back and dig...
  Sorry, I had just wanted to clarify.  I tend to be a pretty strong Apple supporter.  I'm just reviewing what I can see of the facts and trying to lay them out in as neutral a way as possible.  I was just trying to cut off any response that would just fall back to "Go away Android boy" or some crap like that, which is funny considering I have a 4S and my wife and I only use Apple products currently heh.  I think the one Samsung thing I have is the TV her parents bought us.
  When you look at his post-trial comments about things like making sure to deliver a message and how they didn't need the judge's instructions b/c they already ahd a decision, there are certainly some questionable things.  His comments he made to the press about how he used his previous patent case experience to explain things to people that doesn't match 100% w/how the law functions in those regards all go to this.  The fact that Samsung did not jump on these and is...
    Sharing a post I just made on Ars:   CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME!! Someone should follow and see if there is a money trail between this guy and Samsung. Imagine if Samsung found out about this guy and knew of his strong patent beliefs and paid him to play it safe to get on the jury and then guide things in the jury room. Then post trial to say the things he did. It would be some real brilliance (which is the opposite of what we have seen from Samsung's lawyers, which is...
The guy was asked if he had been involved in a lawsuit.  According to various digging eh has been involvedin 3.  He discussed one from 2008 and then they moved on.  There was never a prodding to ask if he had been in more.  The more damaging thing will be when people start focusing on his answers to some other questions.   SO I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT BOTH MR. HOGAN, AND MS. ROUGIERI, THAT YOU WOULD APPLY THE LAW AS I INSTRUCT YOU AND NOT BASED ON...