or Connect

Posts by SSquirrel

Looks like punctuation is having issues at AI today here in the forums.  The apostrophe seems to be having an especially bad time of it :)  An app that does nothing but pimp other people's apps.  I think we have a word for that.  It's websites.  And magazines.  Blogs.  Facebook rants and diatribes.  Tweets.  Do we really need junk apps w/more ads for people's apps?
  They could make it a pair of dotted quarter notes beamed together and that would be different :)       WTF are you talking about? I delete individual songs all the time.  You make no sense here.
  I bought my wife the original iPad and the Apple case.  It wasn't super thin, but it certainly felt like you were holding something when you had it in hand.  It's survied very nicely and gets a lot of use from our kids.  Every time I handled an iPad 2 in stores, it always felt too thin.  I was actually glad to see the iPad 3 felt a bit more substantial.  I like the current body and while I'm sure Apple will tweak things and try to go thinner, I think maintaining for the...
  Uhm, they were ALL from the geekbench site.  I followed one of those links and then just browsed around the results section.  They all run the same stuff, the only differences are cores and frequency.  There is a ridiculously wide range of scores, even when you look at just the same core count and frequency.  It seems way too variable to me.
  Browsing around, I find some EXTREMELY inconsistent and questionable results.  Just hitting some high and low points.  Anywhere from 1 to 4 cores and speeds of 1400 and 1800.  How does a single core 1400 double the results of a 4 core 1400?  Either something is wrong w/Geekbench or people are spoofing numbers.  browse around after following one of these links.    1857 (1 core, 1400) - 950 (4 core, 1400) - 2433 (4 core, 1800) - 872 (2 core, 1400)
  I see a ton of people thieving software from the Android market and reselling it as their own on Alibaba's market.  This is a completely separate issue yes, but it is also wrong.  Google is reminding them of agreements they made and are expected to honor to retain membership.  I don't see what the problem with that is.  The OHSA is what is allowing OEMs to get the 3 month early access to Android updates so they can shorten the lead time on new updates for their phones...
First off, you can always tell when people arent reading the comments before posting.  The timestamp on those newer scores for teh S3 and Nexus are AFTER the timestamp on this article.       Normal consumers, not so much.  Super geeks yes.  I know people who used to buy new videocards every 6 months b/c they wanted the bragging rights of "fastest videocard out there".  I see these same people posting about buying their 5th phone of the year b/c it's now the fastest or...
I'd like to welcome our new low-post Android Overlords to the forum :)  I do find it very interesting that given how long those phones have been out that they only just now mysteriously have higher scores showing up on geekbench.  You would think those would have already been posted at some point.
  The only snappiness issue I'm really having is occasional and significant lagging in iTunes.  Sometimes I will click on it and it beach balls for about a minute before it lets me do anything.  Admittedly between music, TV shows and Movies I have around half a terabyte of data in iTunes, but I had that much 2 or 3 weeks ago and I wasn't having the problem.  It still does it after the recent update to iTunes.  Hopefully the new version of iTunes that we have coming down...
  I spent a couple of decades as a fan of Apple's products but never bought them b/c I had a shit job and couldn't afford them.  Even when I did I started easy w/a Mac Mini for myself after we had bought the first iPad for my wife.  We have shifted to entirely OS X and iOS in the house since then.  Heck I loved the look of the G4 Cube, but it was expensive as hell and then of course the issue of the cracks.  Doesn't mean I didn't admire the product and I was glad to see...