or Connect

Posts by calfoto

Everyone needs to settle down here... You're beginning to sound like the doomsayers proclaiming the death of Apple when they switched over from the Motorola PowerPC to Intel chips. We all need to remember that the "Magic" is in the software and design of Apple's products - Not in how the grains of sand are arranged on the chip.
Really?When you get down to it both Steve & MJ were committed to excellence and would accept nothing less in the pursuit of their chosen fields. For Steve that was the hardware, software and the user experience of Apple's products for the end users - For MJ it was his music, concerts, videos, and the user experience (of his products) for his fans.Why's it so hard to see the commonality in that?
Since this app is "Free" and the article says it tracks context I'm just wondering where they'll be going with all this contextual data? If I pig out at Mickey D's on burgers & fries is it gonna sell that (contextual) info to my to my health insurance provider? Or worse???
Those metal mockups look pretty cheesy indeed to have come from Apple - Could have been made up by a weekend machinist in their garage. Has anyone ever seen or have a photo of or perhaps a genuine bonafide mockup of a previous iPhone that could be used for comparison purposes? We'd all like to see it if it exists. Othwise I think their only purpose is to get more foot traffic into the vendor's booth at the HK show.
 Alternatively she will answer "It can be done in plain sight - Check out 'My Weekend at Bernies' in the iTunes Store"
 Nah, AI will never replace any of them - At least until it knows when, where, and why it shouldn't bring up or remind people of conversations, events, transgressions, etc. "from weeks, months or years prior"
Actually I guess I have a soft spot in my heart for crazy uncle Steve... He personally passed out about 400 (free) copies of Office 3.0 to a Mac user group I was a member of when he came to be a speaker at one of our meetings - Hell, we even had Bill Gates as a speaker at one time. ========== I'm assuming that I won't be able to "Edit" documents on my purchased copy of Word, but only via the subscription version - anyone know the facts?
This is all such a game to the folks in Wall Street.... Pump up the stock for 2.5 months and tell all their clients they need it have it in their portfolio... Then on record earnings & and sales tell this same clients they need to dump it ASAP (and they'll be happy to buy it back at $10 to $60 less than they sold it for) I'd like to know just how much Carl Icahn profited on Apple over the last day - as has been said, "follow the money"
Hey, I love exploring the new IOS for hidden features et al - But doesn't Apple at least have a web page or PDF file that sheds some illumination on these "Hidden" Easter eggs? Just sayin'
You can do both of those things now without unlocking the phone so I'd expect that wont change....