or Connect

Posts by Elderloc

When I last looked into this because I use tons of RAM for my virtual machines at work, there were challenges with timing or something along those lines as such it was stated there would be no DDR3 16 gig modules we would have to wait for DDR4 to get modules of that density. However things are always changing and it might be possible with DDR3 now.
Apple has never been a cheap solution, if you want cheap it's white box or hackintosh. Apple has said many times they are not about making cheap things. Honestly my one concern is they will state oh Thunder Bolt will address all our concerns with break out boxes. Where that is somewhat true you do not get full bandwidth 16x or what ever the top PCIE speed is via Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt goes a long way but for cards I'd rather just have the native slots, too much crap...
I seriously beg to different. People keep looking at this through the eyes of the regular consumer. I support tens of thousand of Macs across the world for a very large company that supports many clients. And what difference does it make if it's proprietary software?? Again there is a huge difference between a workstation and a desktop. HP, IBM, Lenovo, Dell all major computer hardware companies have workstations. This thing is a truck not a desktop big difference. If...
I wish people would stop asking for a smaller tower. This is a workstation not a desktop, workstations are trucks. Workstations are certified platforms, with near server specs for reliability. When you use workstations for 99.999% uptime on things like rocket, and satellite control you need a solid platform. Or any other heavy level effort. Apple's desktops are the Mini and the iMac and I do not think they are ever going to make a cheap desktop that's...
With the redesign of the MagSafe connection do you think we will see a new display soon with USB3? Also any thoughts on upgraded panel, I like my current Mini Display port 27" but with the purchase of a new 15" Retina I'll probably be looking to upgrade to add ethernet, and firewire.
The hard drive is not solder the RAM is the. The SSD card can be removed about the only thing that can be. Honestly I have no idea why soldier RAM is such a problem other than if it goes bad blah blah. I mean Newegg sells 8x2 sodimms for a low as 99 and Crucial for about $150ish, Apple for once is not raping people on the price. I guess you could save $200 now but still add it later it were sockets but true pros really don't worry about this 90%+ of the pros I know load...
The only issue I have ever had with my Apple Airport is with FTP redirection. My cable provider doesn't allow port 21, and for some reason I could never get it to redirect the port properly so I had to replace it with a Cisco 4200v2 I believe mine was the draft N version one or two back so that could have very well have been addressed later on. If they release a 802.11AC I will get one though. Even though I'm very deep into IT at the most senior level in one of the biggest...
This is not going to be good but based on my understanding of the time line of this movie someone get that bastard a bow tie.
Just my 10 cents my 2 cents is free... The mock ups people offer up seem to point to tb on one side and MagSafe on the other. With the current displays would that work? I have the display port 27" cinema did they increase the length of the cables, because I do not think it would work with the ports on different sides epically the 15 and 17 ( if they keep it)
Apple is not in the business of making trucks :-) I just hope they don't consider the 17 a truck. I was hoping the 17 would hang on a little longer as the last full feature portable. It's really nice for editing video especially when you need 1920.