or Connect

Posts by MattBookAir

Keep telling yourself that. There is no competition for what Apple is going to introduce ... doing innovation right takes time, and is usually worth the wait. Apple will introduce a product that will make people's lives a little better, not just pass on phone notifications.
This looks purely like a stock-pumping exercise to me. I'm guessing some big MS clients took a big hit with the recent dip in AAPL, and KH is simply doing her best to help them recover. After all, there is no actual news here, it's a completely hypothetical "IF Apple does X, then Y" ... in other words a positive but vacuous puff-piece. 
Actually, the after hours price is actually positive now ... I think the knee-jerk sell-off isn't going to net much gain for the "sell on the news" crowd this time. They may even have to buy back in for more than they what they sold. These are solid numbers that are better than the figures that were already factored into the stocks price. The current product line-up is excellent (great iPads to propel Apple thru the Xmas quarter), and guidance is just fine. On top of...
Wow, this is the first time is a while that AAPL hasn't lost 10% in the days after a major announcement (of course it always recovers, like after the recent iPhone announcement). It tried yesterday (was briefly down a couple buck during the keynote), but the hits just kept coming yesterday. My only disappointments were lack of TouchID, which I suspect is a supply issue, and mostly the lack of a new cinema display (which would be low volume, but still). Seriously, who's...
Who says a delayed mini release wasn't the plan all along. Apple certainly never declared any intention to release both a new iPad and mini at the same time. Last year was a first, and arguably the minor iPad 4 update was only intended to get the new connector out. It's just silly for analysts to generalise from that one event.   In the past, Apple *often* released their premium devices (like a MacBook Pro) before the more budget products (like iBooks, remember those...
 Well, while I agree that this is bad luck for Apple, it seems to me like a pretty clear and fundamental principle of German patent law (i.e. apply for patent before public disclosure) ... to dismiss it as a technicality is a bit much (but I know what you meant). It's not clear the court had any other choice in its decision, given that's the law. Apple has been a multinational for years, and should really know the rules of the game outside of the US.
The 5s just has so much more, and the price difference in negligible compared to the total cost of ownership (initial fee plus 24xMonthly rate). Having said that, the plastic case is actually a big feature IMHO. I was blown away by the quality of this (as nice as, but different from, the metal version), and if it wasn't for the rather feminine colors, I could be tempted. The 5c just has a really nice feel. A 5s in a black 5c case would sell well, I think. I guess...
I have to say, I was blown away by the high-quality feel of the 5c. I'd still get the 5c (finger print, speed, sensors, & weight) ... but I can see the 5c being a great seller despite the slightly higher than "expected" cost. Wonder when we'll get some accurate sales figures?
 It feels like they have an array of about 7 mac minis serving the iOS update to the entire globe. 
Right, thanks  ... downloading it now!