or Connect

Posts by MattBookAir

Virtually every article I've seen on this before mentions Google, Microsoft and Amazon in the same breath, but of course highlighting Apple is was gets clicks. If the others don't do it, their shareholders should be complaining. I believe strongly in corporate taxes, but the only way it can work is through well-devised and implementable legislation. Governments need to do their job.
Because every company takes advantage, and it would put Apple at a competitive disadvantage if it paid more taxes than required, while all competitors continue to avoid them. The law creates the level playing field.
Hmm, difficult to imagine the US dollar continuing to rise without seriously damaging the US economy. But I guess it just makes sense to hedge the debt across a range of currencies: they won't win, but they also won't lose.
This is getting old. Sue Apple if it's done something illegal, or fix you tax codes: in other words do YOUR jobs.
This is excellent news for Apple, as it shows that even after a blowout quarter for iPhone sales, they still have lots of room for growth. Buy buy buy. If they were #1, I'd sell ...
But doesn't Apple now owe lots of money too? All the bonds they issued in order to fund dividends (because they couldn't access the offshore cash). So their "cash pile"  is really 200B - debt, which I believe is about 43B at the moment. Or am I missing something?
But is it fair to compare a 2nd Gen iPhone 5 (i.e. the 5s), with the 1st Gen iPhone 6. The 5s may have lost value more rapidly due to it's "dated" design ... i.e. identical to the 5. It's a bit like comparing car resale values for the last year of an old model, and the first year of a new model %u2013 of course there's going to be a difference. iPhone 6 is awesome, just saying this analysis seems highly flawed in numerous ways.
Apple should simply rewards those artists who participate in the free trial period. Or rather, if you don't participate from the beginning, but then want to join Apple Music once there are tons of paying subscribers, you get 1% less on your royalties than those who had faith from the beginning. It'll still be way more that you earn from Spotify.
Nobody knows Apple's update schedule ... maybe they'll follow something closer to the Apple TV update pattern :-) Seriously, though, I think Apple will be carefully managing the update process. People who spend $1K or so on a watch don't typically think of it as disposable, but rather as an investment. And Apple is targeting  that crowd to some extent. So while it's clear an Apple Watch is never going to be something you pass on to your grandkids, I'd be surprised by...
That's essentially what I wrote a few posts later. Albeit with a few less ??s and !!s.