or Connect

Posts by MattBookAir

I don't think we ever really needed consoling, but er, thanks. Spec bumping (increasing memory, cpu, screen size) is not innovation ... not when Samsung does it, or Apple. It's just bloody obvious. There's been little true tech innovation since the first iPhone ... just incremental improvements. The innovation comes from the whole package. I would actually have said Android almost caught up to iOS a few years ok (not in ecosystem, of course), but now iOS is pulling away...
This was exactly my first thought. If PayPal feels that threatened, they must think Pay is going to eat their lunch.In general, I wonder whether these panic ads work ... at best they sully both parties, but I tend to think Samsung and PayPal come off worse.
There is a potentially infinite recursion here. If they win, they'll have shown yet further damage to Apple, and can sue again, wash, rinse, repeat.
Yeah, as with the 5c, Apple is going to be so disappointed when people go in the shop, attracted by the low price option, and then are easily upsold to an even better machine. What are they thinking?!
Seems more like it's going after the Amazon set-top game box. I assume people buy Apple TVs because they are into the Apple ecosystem. This has no answer to that.
This will finally solve my photo library problems, and for that I will purchase at least 200GB. Dropbox is (truly) great, but can't handle iPhoto libraries, which means I can't keep my desktop, laptop (let alone iOS devices) synced (and thus back-ups all need to be looked after). I may keep DropBox (but just reduced from 200GB to 100GB), since I use it to share with some "non Mac" friends. As far as I'm concerned the new iCloud implementation can't come quickly enough.
The latter maybe. I doubt the license agreements transfer to Apple that easily however, and certainly, all those would require renegotiation sooner or later.
We all are acutely aware (as Apple fans) that precisely being massively popular and successful is guaranteed to draw negative commentary (click bait). While I agree that Beats aren't quite what I would choose (in the end I recently bought Bose, but only because their noise cancelling is in a league of its own, not because I love the sound), I think it's an overstatement to say they suck (I thought the Studios sounded pretty good). You can't sell that many of something that...
One thing I've noticed whenever entering an Apple Store. After Apple products, the most square footage is occupied by headphones. That means they sell, and Apple knows which ones sell best. Why not make all the profit, instead of being just the middle man for someone else? It also fits, as has been pointed out, with the intersection of fashion and tech ... this is where Apple excels, and something they intend to build on, with the hiring of Ahrendts. I agree, 3.2B is a...
So diamonds aren't forever, after all.