or Connect

Posts by MattBookAir

I think this will be popular ... for many people weight is the big thing, and combine that with a killer display, and nice form factor, and this is a winner. The gold looks awesome, but probably a bit too flashy (for a guy). Will likely get space grey to match my 6+ and iPad (and stainless Apple Watch with black stainless arm band).   I'll likely keep my Retina 15" MBP, but hopefully the Core M is enough for most of what I do ... that's really the only question mark.
Prices are as expected. Thought I thought gold would be close to 5K. I'll probably just get the sport for the first gen, but would easily spent 1000 or so for stainless down the road ...
You are absolutely correct. I was (inaccurately) using the "go private" idea to express the fact that a $60 valuation would be approaching Apple's own cash on hand in the not too distant future which seems pretty absurd (compared to valuations of e.g. Amazon, in particular!).
yeah ... 3:1 would make it about right ... why the /s? 
This values them at less than about double the *cash* they have (I think ... doing the math in my head here).  Heck Apple could take themselves private in 5 years, if shares hit $60, even if revenue only stays constant :)
That dip right before earnings were announced was also totally predictable, based on recent years. Used the dip to pick up another 100 shares, and made 5% in a few hours. I'll be surprised if it doesn't go higher today. Sometimes Wall St. is so predictable
Indeed ... 78% chance he will say "Supply chain for the Apple Watch is constrained".  But yeah, love how this article is written as if Apple just decided this morning, that maybe someone needs to manufacture the processor. Classic.
Previous Brydge products have been heavily criticised for failing keyboards. It would be great to have a follow-up from you guys, especially in case you experience this as well.
But isn't the whole point that we've now arrived at a point where tech is no longer just there to fulfil some technological function. It's so ubiquitous in our lives that it's natural for aesthetics to play an increasing role. Given the increasing amount of time I spend with my computer, phone, tablet, tv, music, etc. form of course has increasing importance, assuming functionality is there. We don't choose our clothes based purely on their functionality, right? So why...
True. I actually find the "taped over" Apple as more effective: it says the producers wanted to use that machine even though Apple wouldn't pay for placement. It also attracts the eye in a "oh, what are they trying to hide there" kind of way. I've never seen a Samsung or Lenovo with their logo taped over, for some reason.