or Connect

Posts by MattBookAir

The keyword above is "American", this is where your argument falls apart. The low cost phone isn't targeted at the US. In many countries, you can get a service provider starting at about $15/month, IF it's not subsidising the phone. So $350 for the Low Cost iphone, plus $15/month, is VASTLY cheaper than your model ($99 for a 4S up front and then $75/month for 2 years). Do the math.
This looks incredible. Didn't just make it flat, but completely reconceived the physical metaphor in terms of planes, meaningful use of depth and transparency. This will be huge for the whole iOS ecosystem over the coming 2-3 years.
He said the native version will be updated later this year.
Were only shipments up in the first quarter of 2013, or actual sales ;-)
The DOJ views Amazon's model as benefitting the consumer, which it probably does in the short term. But in the medium term it destroys quality publishing, by devaluing quality content. Of course it has also led to a de facto monopoly by Amazon, but the DOJ would claim that's a separate issue, and maybe they'll pursue them next. If Amazon were broken up into separate entities, I wonder if selling books as loss leaders would still be a viable practice. In Germany, the...
So, how is "open" working out for you, google.
This means Samsung is plateauing, while Apple has room for growth in China. Good news for Apple and Samsung is doomed (well, this is literally how it would have been spun against Apple, were the numbers reversed :-).
iBling
It's not for sale, guys. It'll be spun off, as a separate public entity, but still controlled by Sony.
This could be one of MS stronger plays, though that's not saying much. It's still yet another box hanging off my AV receiver, for which I'll still need my over-complicated Harmony remote control. I really hope Apple figures out how to do it all right, but it seems a daunting task.