or Connect

Posts by kevt

You've misunderstood the concept of footprint. It is a measure of area, not volume. The thinness is irrelevant. Within reason, hiow thick a phone is has little bearing on how it fits in a hand or pocket - width and height are the significant measurements.I'm not upgrading to a 6 - too big.I could cope an iPhone being a tad wider than the 5s, and there seems to be room to increasing screen height without increasing overall height by reducing the top and bottom bezel size....
Having previously updated my iPhone every year, I stuck with the 4s rather than going to the 5 as I preferred the smaller format. Eventually I got a 5s, but this is as large as I'm going. So this 'news' is encouraging, as is the number of other posters saying they prefer a smaller screen - there is demand for it.   For the record: I'm male. And my hands aren't small.   It is amusing to look back at the U-turn of those who had previously argued (pre-iPhone 6) that Apple...
 Indeed, but it's just one of the flaws in the rationale behind the article. There is no mention in the analysis that other data in the survey does not corroborate the  '35%' headline.  In the first pie-chart only 12% are citing screen size as the reason they do not buy a iPhones. This must also be weighed up against how many consumers who are currently 100% happy with Apple's existing policy of keeping their smartphones neat, compact and optimised for one handed use,...
No the 68030 16MHz was the Classic II. Hamstrung by using a 16-bit data path rather than the SE-30 which was 32-bit.No, it was the Classic II that used the 16Mhz 68030, but hamstrung with a 16-bit data path - it only functioned 32bit internally.The original Classic was indeed a 8MHz 68000.Best of the 9" compact macs was the SE/30. Full 68030 with 32-bit data path, better graphics and an expansion slot.I used to buy/sell/upgrade/repair old macs and early powerbooks on ebay...
Looks neat. I hope multi-user log in will be an iOS 8 feature.
 They go much cheaper than the A-class. Mercedes is just the luxury arm branding of Daimler AG which makes Smart city cars.  Also saying Apple and Samsung are taking all 'the industry profits' is disingenuous. Google rakes it in. Not through the manufacturing - indeed it lost out here with Motorola, but through it's own android-feeds-personal-info-feeds-advertising-profit business model. All this focus on Samsung as the prime copyist and competitor, in courts and in...
Good to hear Apple is updating this. It's not so much the speed bump that interests me, it's whether Apple have sorted the WiFi disconnect issue that many are still experiencing  despite "updates".  9 months and no fix.
I'd be happy if they just sorted the wifi on the last MBA. 8 months, no fix in sight.
 Simply not true. If this is your analysis, you have little business criticising others'. Not much wrong with the article apart from the comparison to MicroSoft. Apple has the premium end of the market sewn up with iPhone/iPad, and shows no serious inclination to go after the sectors which are growing. (Hey, we'll build a cheaper plastic iPhone and ... still charge a premium price for it.) Of course Apple could spring on us a whole new category of devices, but I can't...
 That wasn't their choice though, it was Apple's. Apple chose to pursue those who manufacture the Android devices through the courts, rather than  Google.