or Connect

Posts by kevt

You're comparing it with last year's flagship model!  The 5 on which it is based is now last year's technology. It has been superseded. The right comparison, is with last year's 'previous model'.  The 5C is exactly the same price, despite the savings plastic affords.
 See above. I don't doubt for a moment that Apple have done a quality job with the plastic. But it still plastic, and much cheaper to make. I liked the feel of my iPhone 3GS - in some ways the rounded edges made it nicer in the hand. But it doesn't have the same quality as the glass and aluminium finish of subsequent iPhones. I am not denying it's a very good phone. Only that having made it plastic and  cheaper to manufacturer, Apple is charging exactly what it has always...
Learn to read I didn't call it cheap. I called it cheaper, in referring to manucfacting. Why don't you pick up a 5C in one hand, a 5S. And tell me? Which do you think cost most to manufacture, and which is higher quality? 
 The point is Apple has gone for cheaper in terms of casing - but that's not reflected in the price. How many times have posters on this board dismissed Android or Windows phones as being 'cheap plastic crap'? A U-turn as far as plastic goes. Now the iPhone 5c brings the worst of both worlds. Plastic casing ...  but ... same premium prices. Exactly the same prices they've always charged for last year's technology.  Nobody is expecting any Apple product to be dirt cheap,...
 What's your problem with my post? It's like you're replying to a post I didn't make. I specifically state that I recognise that BOM, aren't the only costs. The main point made was that the biggest cost cited in the post I was replying to was iOS development. And that is a fixed cost regardless of how many iPhones (and other iOS devices) Apple sell. Thus going for high sales maximises efficiency: that particular cost becomes less per phone. Of course reseller markup has to...
 iSupply estimated that the manufacturing cost of an iPhone 5 was $199 parts plus $8 manufacturing. Personally, I suspect they underestimated the build part of that for the 5. This was a year ago, and prices of hi-tech parts are on nearly always on a downward trend due to advances in technology. Given this, and the fact the iPhone 5c is essentially an iPhone 5 in a cheaper plastic case, costs will be less.But, sure, that's not all costs. Yet, maintaining the iOS is...
 +1.
 My guess is they are not disclosing the number because the number would be meaningless. Let's take the scenario: Apple has not sold vast numbers of 5c. I doubt this is the case, but for the moment just let's assume it is. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? It may actually be a good thing (!) if the primary reason is that people are thinking - the 5S is a lot better for not much more cash (this would be my view). In which case, demand for the flagship 5S would be...
 It's bad enough that sections of the Android community stereotype us as sheep, without you handing them a smoking gun.
+1. Pathetic, slow and negative Ad from MS.But I didn't even think the acclaimed I'm a Mac/PC ones were that worthwhile. Don't get me wrong, I loved them. they were brilliantly done, and had me in stitches. And they put some imortant info out. But at the same I wondered how effective it was stereotyping the people you hope to win to your product in a negative light. At least Justin Long avoided looking smug.Maybe it's a cultural thing - i think advertising is far more...