or Connect

Posts by kevt

I have a sneaking suspicion, that a fair proportion of Apple's customers may in fact be women and younger users. Like others on this thread, I much prefer a smaller, more discreet device. I still use a 4S - I didn't upgrade to a 5 because the form factor isn't as good - size, proportions. And from the look of the display models in the Apple store, the design of the 4S seems to be more hard-wearing as far as scuffs go. Sure, some users, like yourself, do seem to want a...
Is it just me or do other people find the two dark blackish icons on the home screen a bit of an eyesore? I'm coming round to the pastel colours and flatter icons, but the black seems to go against this.
  I'd keep hold of that 4 year old  iPhone 4.  Such early prototypes are hugely valuable.
No. But the number of people reporting wifi issues with their 2013 MBA s on discussions.apple.com thread 5100655 is worrying. Works fine with latest Airport gear (hence comment).The Wifi update has not helped the vast majority, although it did solve other issues. Really hope apple get it sorted as it's a brilliant little laptop.
Here's hoping they update their wifi network at the same time.
I'm all for a plastic rear case. My iPhone 3GS felt much better in the hand than my 4 and 4S. Jobs made such an issue at the intro of the iPhone 4 about it being a mm thinner - which I'm sure it was at it's thickest point. But picking them up it felt the other way round because of the 4's squarer edges. The 3GS didn't feel cheap - plastic comes in varying quality and it seemed fine. There was no flex which made earlier plastic phones like the palm treo / centro feel...
I'm surprised there's been no further discussion on here about 2013 MacBook Airs failure to hold a wifi signal issue. The vast majority of those who reported it on apples own forums have said the 'wifi update' has not resolved their issues, although it did cure the variable volume, and photoshop display problems. Even replacement MacBook Airs still have the same wifi issue. I'm holding off an upgrade of my MBA - shame, the increased battery life looks so promising.
You're making 'who is making the most money' rather than adoption rate the 'winning criteria.I couldn't care less about Apple making money. I'm a Apple user, not a shareholder. But I do care about the installed user-base. Large share = best support in terms of apps, peripherals, website support, adoption of iOS standards.
Which would make the A6 in a mini just as worth while.(yes, i'd forgotten about the connector switch).
Apple did this with the iPad 4. Only difference with its predecessor was a faster processor.This could be done for the mini using an A6 processor, with increased RAM. This would not compromise battery life, heat, thickness etc as the A6 is more power efficient than the A5. It can only have been cost, or the desire to preserve a speed differential in the range as an iPad 4 advantage justifying its a higher price point, that led to an A6 not being used in the mini from the...