or Connect

Posts by kevt

That's right. Nobody else in the entire world apart from Apple understands that people will pay more for a higher quality products.   Shhhh, not so loud!   You don't want anybody else to twig on to this and start using higher quality components manufactured by ...
  Each to their own.    I bought the original iPad but sold it not long after - it was too big and heavy for me. Found myself using my MacBook Air or iPhone rather than the iPad. But the mini is the iPad I've been waiting for - just so much more comfortable to use and carry with me.
  No, it's embarrassing for Apple to make a huge blunder like this, period.    It's the more embarrassing for Apple because the old Apple App/Google data was very decent.     As for your last comment. Snigger. Talk about paranoid. 
  Maybe I'm not the only one who prefers the 4S form factor - size, proportions, glass back. 
Any sign of multi-user log-in coming to iOS?
Tried it today, but was disappointed. Nokia may have better data worldwide, but the Apple App is so much better executed.   So I'm sticking with OS 5 on my iPhone 4s until either Nokia improves the App, or Apple it's data, or Google comes up with a decent solution.   The old Apple App on Google data works best for me just now.
  Setting the bar a bit low for a 'genius'.   I mean, it's a great product, and mine arrived yesterday. But, if you think that making a derivative product a bit smaller and more portable than the original is 'genius', then you're easily pleased.
  I think Nokia would do fine competing against MS simply on hardware. If I was looking for a Windows phone I'd go Nokia over MS every time.   MS reputation for building their own hardware still suffers from the XBox 360 red ring of death fiasco. Lots of burnt fingers still smouldering.
  Er, the poster was referring to MS potentially saving Nokia by collaboration on the Lumia models.     But MS could 'save' Apple's iOS by winning its case current case against Google's misuse of FRAND patents, which would set a precedent.   Rather important given the termination of the Apple v Motorola FRAND suit. 
  I went to have a look at the Apple Mini in an Apple Store yesterday. It was interesting listening to the comments of other shoppers/browsers. Very favourable reaction, but most already had a 9.7" iPad and still wanted a mini.   After seeing them in the flesh, I changed my online order from white to black.