or Connect

Posts by applecider

WRONG WRONG WRONG yes shouting. Many cancers are cureable with medical treatment. Metastatic testicular cancer has cure rates of over 80%, that's cancer in the lungs and all over the body. If anyone is reading this don't believe the untruth. Hope your record for apple related posts have a tad more veracity. Sorry about the caps a PSA (public service announcement was called for, not prostate specific antigen).
Steve was a buddist so maybe he is aggregating his consciousness somewhere for a reappearance in another form. I'd like to think that he will be reborn as a third level mind as in EE Doc Smith's Lensman series. Or maybe he'll be the fly on the wall or the worm in the apple or the glint in your eyes.
Qualcomm paid the frand patent fees. Apple uses licensed qualcomm chips. Apple gives samsung a wink and a nod. Why are we still talking about this?
To MacRulz in particular... You seem to think that apple owes Samsung frand licensing fees. That might be true or not. What I think apple will argue, with solid backing, is that since they are using Qualcomm chips for which qualcomm has already paid the frand licensing (there are your missing "receipts" btw), that asking apple to pay as well is a double payment. I don't know the legal basis for this but it seems to me if you use a licensed product that you should...
You do realize that apple has to make this sound urgent so that the court will act in a timely manner, it doesn't really mean that apple is worried about samsung, only that damage will be done if an infringer is allowed to sell through.
Aapl is now such a big market cap company that it faces problems from it's size in the markets. Many mutual funds and retirement funds can only own a certain percentage of one stock and aapl has by it's growth gotten to that cap. Almost all the funds own aapl it is only a question of how much. The problem arises because who is left to buy aapl when it is already so widely owned. There have been rumors of aapl being added to the dow which could be a boost, but the dow...
Amzn's pe is vulnerable to individual state's collecting sales tax, like California recently tried to do. In fact their whole business model which has a four percent margin will collapse if when the states start collecting Personally a five percent bump in their prices makes them less compelling. In truth I don't find their store design attractive.
One might want to keep in mind that the Orcl vs Goog suit will almost certainly result in some licensing fees for Goog/android if not an injunction. Any device based on android has this risk built in. So the final price to amzn may be higher than the reported $180 BOM.
Silly me can't find the amout of memory the fire has. I like to store some files on my devices so that they can be used on a plane or boat or remote locations, so while the cloud is nice, local storage is nicer. How much does the fire have?
Investment bankers don't like buying at high prices so from time to time they put a negative spin on news and lo and behold the stock goes down, when they have whatever positions they want... They issue an updated note. Just wait and see.