or Connect

Posts by Nairb

Fascial is also an adjective. Facial Recognition Systems recognise faces by comparing facial features in an file to facial features data stored in a database. Facial Recognition is a perfectly suitable term.
This is a good thing for new talent and new talentless puppets.   One thing I have noticed with my kids, and their friends, is that they have very short attention spans when it comes to music. The newest hit comes along and is played dozens of times a day. Most lose their flavour after a week, some last a month, but they are played repeatedly and then forgotten.   While this doesn't worry the labels, it is a big problem for one or two hit wonders who's hit may come in...
I am sure she is just doing what the movie business do with a successful movie. Cinema first, then rental then DVD sales. This maximizes profits on a popular film.   While the album is still selling well, why not leave it that way. Being high in the Billboard charts must have some flow-on for extra sales and publicity. Just checked Billboard and she is still at no 2 after 33 weeks.   http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200   I would be surprised the album is...
 I have a large site that makes over $18000 a month by having targeted ads alongside my content. The only source of income on the site is the ads that are shown. I don't care how much money an iOS user has, if I can't render my ads I don't make money from them.  As for which ads are blocked, that depends on the ad blocker. Android have one that blocks all google ads. Most good ad blockers will give options to either display "White listed" ads, or block all ads that are not...
 No it isn't. It's a what you are offering doesn't suit me, I'll take my business elsewhere response. If I don't like the food in a restaurant, I don't eat there. If clothes cost too much at one store, I go to their cheaper competition. Artists do not have a right to make a living performing their art. They have a right to try, and if they fail they fail, just like any other business. With so many artists earning a decent living, doesn't that tell you something about those...
 Not even apple have this power. If as blocking becomes too popular, websites that rely on advertising to survive will simply block devices that have ad blocking enabled. Would not surprise me if they also lobby governments to change copyright laws to address adblocking. Making it illegal to view site without rendering it how they want it rendered. Governments are notorious for bending over backwards to help copyright holders. Ad blocking will be allowed as long as it does...
 None that I have lived in. In most free countries you can only have your bag searched in high security environments. Even then, usually only searched if x-ray scan shows something suspicious. 
I wonder how many of those paid subscribers are people who decided that they want streaming music and chose Spotify.   In the Netherlands, some of the big internet providers are offering free premium spotify accounts as a bonus. Of course you pay for in higher internet premiums, but lots of people have accounts through these providers. It helps lock people into the providers, and also into Spotify. Unless people would be unlikely to change to Apple, or any other...
I think that the Sydney Morning Herald got it right when they said   "With more than two dozen music streaming services available in Australia already, Apple is muscling in on a crowded market. Its claim that its service is "revolutionary" because it "brings the best features" already out there, is confusing at best."   http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/apple-music-v-spotify-pandora-google-play-and-rdio-20150609-ghjjef   But this is still the key...
 They do not sell information about you either. They do sell targeted advertising but do not give the data to the advertisers. There is a big difference.