or Connect

Posts by Nairb

There are problems with google's parental control on chromebooks, but there are parental control apps in the chrome store that work well. 
I have an idea - why not just remember where you parked it.
And when this patent finally does get thrown out, as it should, Apple and Samsung should both sue the patent office for expenses trying to enforce / defend against a patent that should not have been granted in the first place.    Predictive text / auto complete has been around for 40 years.
iPads are too small for education. General reading is fine, but when you have a large, complex diagram and a page of explanation, people tend to understand it better when they can see both at once. Any good text book is formatted to have them so that they are on opposite pages viewable when book is open.   Typing is also a problem. I type around 65 words a minute on a 14 inch laptop, but less than 40 wpm on an iPad. I never get pain typing on my laptop but start to cramp...
I used to think these things were too ugly to take off. But I cant walk out the door these days without bumping into someone wearing a huge pair of headphones that were so laughable a couple of years ago. Must have been thousands of them in the mall on Saturday  - some on their head and others around their neck so everyone can see. I still find them laughable, and will probably never bring myself to wear google glass but I am old and still wear my pants up around my waist....
  Graphene may well handle that as well. Samsung have produced low quality, flexible graphene field-effect transistors.   Wafer-Scale Growth of Single-Crystal Monolayer Graphene on Reusable Hydrogen-Terminated GermaniumJae-Hyun Lee, Eun Kyung Lee, Won-Jae Joo, Yamujin Jang, Byung-Sung Kim, Jae Young Lim, Soon-Hyung Choi, Sung Joon Ahn, Joung Real Ahn, Min-Ho Park, Cheol-Woong Yang, Byoung Lyong Choi, Sung-Woo Hwang, and Dongmok WhangScience 1252268Published online 3 April...
In real terms Google only partially bought them. From memory, google's capital investment arm already had made a substantial investment in the company, so part of the purchase is cost for one part of Google and profit for another.
Most people were using android. I know several people in this crowd, and they all use android at this moment. Three months ago they were all using iPhone. When the next big android drops, they will change to that. Come October, and they will all be on the newest iPhone again (if same cycle). Whether testing it for media review or for their teloco, using the latest released device is part of their job. Some of those I know are android fans, while for others, October can not...
Last week I ordered three iPad Airs using my android phone. Not in the US so not a black friday offer. My kids want an iPad for St. Nicholas (A dutch  feast that is not Christmas and not Santa). I tried to talk them into an android but they went with the iPad.   But they are young and have a lot to learn.
 No, Britain is not the entire world. It is not even the entire UK. But the company does sell to residents of the US, and has set its website up to make this convenient for people living there (as it has for many other countries). It is a world wide business, and is legally said to be trading in those countries. Being based in the UK, it would have to abide by international treaties for the collection / payment of sales tax, and would have to submit approriate tax forms in...