or Connect

Posts by bluefish86

Or in other words, your AppleID/iCloud login is simply an email address. It defaults to your MobileMe email address when moving over.
Really? Maybe technology has diluted photography as an art form, but there's no way it's been killed. If anything, it's more accessible. Have you seen the work of professional photographers this millennium? The photographer we hired for our recent wedding took stunning pictures, and his portfolio includes tons of amazing pictures of cultures, landscapes and architecture from around the world. And what did it cost to hire him? Less than my parents paid for their...
Oh I agree it'll take time, but it avoids the whole x86 emulation thing. That's why it could actually work. I also don't see an issue with performance, it obviously would be targeting those who want a cheaper price rather than more horsepower. I know Apple never aims for the bottom, but with the price of laptops these days Apple needs to do better than $999, for 11" at that. I can go to Best Buy and buy a 15" Windows laptop for $350. Maybe something like an 11"...
Well from what I'm reading, at launch the Medfield will cost roughly double the equivalent ARM processor. That's a huge loss to swallow, especially since Intel is still a year behind. It sounds like it won't be until 2014 when their new processes could allow them to really surpass ARM performance (and even that's assuming 1. the new process is actually put in place on time and 2. ARM makes no big performance gains in the meantime).
As others have pointed out, Intel's new chip is only competitive with last year's ARM chips. There is really no compelling reason for smartphone makers to switch. All Intel has achieved is to finally make a chip that's actually plausible to put in a smartphone. Now you know where I can see interesting possibilities for this chip? The MacBook Air. If the rumours of Apple testing an ARM Macbook Air are true, they're looking for a lower power/lower performance option. ...
Nevermind, this got way more involved than expected lol
Pounds are a unit of force, not pressure. Being able to withstand 121 pounds of force means absolutely nothing on it's own. How much is the force spread out? How far is it from the supports? That being said, this looks very promising. I wonder if the 4S already uses it (or a variant) and that's one of the reasons why Apple kept their lips sealed?
Here in Canada (Ontario and Quebec at least anyways), Metro is an over-priced grocery store chain. They really couldn't have picked something less used? Windows 7 is actually a decent product, I don't know why they're insisting on changing so much. If Windows Phone is any indication, people aren't going to buy in to the whole Metro-only tablet thing. x86-based Windows 8 tablets won't take off for the same reason previous Windows tablets have failed (especially now with...
A nook color is 5.0" x 8.1". An iPad mini with a proportionally sized bezel would be around 6" x 8"... I think that extra inch of width would bump up the minimum waist size considerably.
Apple has extensive guidelines on widget sizing, icon sizing, etc for both iPhone/iPod and iPad form factors. If they were to release an iPad mini with the same resolution screen, it would break all these assumptions that Apple has been recommending developers follow since day 1. There is no way Apple would do that. If you read through the full set of guidelines, it's obvious that Apple has spent considerable time and effort on them. You couldn't get less Apple than...