or Connect

Posts by bluefish86

The problem isn't processor power - all modern tablets have way more power than desktop PCs from 10 years ago. They could word process, run photoshop, edit movies etc no problem. There are plenty of Apps out there already that prove this.Yes full windows tablets will be thicker, but this is only because Windows apps have come to expect to have more power than is really necessary.The real problem is the UI. Touch screens are convenient and intuitive to use, but they're...
The full room projector is an interesting idea... but if you think about it, I don't know how they could ever turn it into a real world product.   In the room they show it in, the TV is set back from the surrounding shelves, but the image reaches the front of the shelves.  This means there must be a projector behind the player. Since you're projecting a 3D scene into a 2D image onto a 3D surface, you have to perfectly match the player's viewing angle. This means...
  ...that still doesn't give nearly the level of control a power user could have if the drives are formattable separately.  What specifically worries me, is how does fusion work internally?  Are they two separate HFS+ partitions with the files being transferred between them? Or does it operate below the filesystem level, similar to how RAID does?  What happens if the HDD dies, do you lose your documents on the SSD? Even if you don't, what are the odds you have the files...
Ben, nice dramatic video :) Congrats on the new iMac, I'm looking forward to getting one but it probably won't be for a while...
"one that could allow an attacker to terminate arbitrary code" Execute arbitrary code? Terminating arbitrary code doesn't sound like an especially useful vulnerability...
Does it bug anyone else that "to" is not a boolean operator?
  Never noticed it on mine, but then again my last laptop was an old white MB that would screech whenever the CPU went to the lowest idle state so I may have just learned to tune it out.   I don't understand your logic? If the issue disappears when graphics switching is turned off, it suggests that the sound is coming from integrated chip and not the discrete GPU.  Why would underclocking the discrete GPU help?   My experience with this issue makes me think...
Old news... As evidenced by multiple posts on game support forums, resetting the SMC reliably fixes the issue until it is retriggered. Doesn't happen after every sleep for everyone, there's some kind of race condition in the trigger. Apple is aware of the issue, hopefully if people make a big deal they'll get around to fixing it...
Has anybody noticed the trend that Windows users tend to be afraid of upgrades, and Mac users tend to be excited about them? It's a pretty consistent trend I've notice in the non-techy people I know.
This patent looks a lot like genericized Lightning....   It ignores the issue of how a connector would be physically held in place, or how you even make contact with the inside of varying connector plugs. Once you deal with that, you're basically left with Lightning - one connector shape that can dynamically reconfigure its pins to deal with "dumb" adapters to different plugs.  I put "dumb" in quotes because Apple put a chip in it anyways - albeit for authentication.