or Connect

Posts by bluefish86

Lol that's exactly the case I have on my 4... only they removed the hole for the apple logo?  Maybe they don't know where it is yet?   Interesting detail if this case is "correct": notice how the volume and mute switch have a larger gap from the top of phone than the current iPhone.  To maintain easy reach with your thumb I guess?
When I ordered mine (10 minutes after the Apple store came back up, educational discount + back to school promo ftw), I was hesitant about whether the price premium for the retina was worth it.  After using it for 2-3 weeks, I'm so happy I sprung for it.  Definitely worth it.   The screen is brilliant, not just in terms of resolution, but vivid colour at literally *all* viewing angles.  I've been used to my retina iPhone for years, but at 15" it takes it to a whole...
  $330 million / 5000 layoffs = $66,000 per layoff.  Given what their employees likely make, that's an average of less than one year's salary per employee.  That sounds pretty typical for severance...
Damn.... this is only going to make ad providers jump ship on flash faster.  I miss the days when click-to-flash had the side effect of blocking a huge percentage of ads....
  Oh definitely.  But it's the start of a long decline.   The only immediate effect we're going to see is on Nintendo.  They've been focusing so hard on casual gamers, they kind of dug themselves into a hole.  Now instead of innovating, they say "lets make a product more or less identical to our competitors". It has a... touch screen controller that can play with or without a TV!! And a... pro controller with identical functionality to the XBox/PS3 controller!!  They're...
That monitor has less pixels and is twice the size, therefore it has less than half the dpi...
  It would be mine too, but sadly it'll never happen for exactly that reason. If you read the spec sheets for these chips they just pump out way too much heat. An 11" would have to be WAY thicker than Apple would ever think of making.  Now *maybe* the 13" retina pro could have dedicated graphics, albeit slower and cooler than that in the 15" pro, but like you say the whole upselling thing could demotivate them from solving the technical issues it would bring.   Back to...
  I think he means let the OS generate a mixed retina/pixel-doubled result.  Things like windows, buttons, text, etc are all drawn by the OS frameworks, so there's no inherent reason why this couldn't be done.  Only custom views and raster images would end up doubled.  Unfortunately for Chrome, it's entirely a custom view.  I sincerely hope this is how it's implemented, since Apple has been pushing resolution-independence for years now. The developer documentation is...
Looking at the prices in the right column, I'm gonna call BS on the Mac Pro part numbers.  I'm guessing that the digits we see are the thousands, and $2xxx and $3xxx are too much to be anything but the Mac Pro.  This would mean two off-the-shelf models, anything else is a build-to-order choice.   K31 is less than $1000 AUS, so I'm guessing Mac Mini.   The Jxx's are obviously MacBooks, I'm speculating: J11/J13 are 11" and 13" MacBook Airs, to be called plain...
I just hope it comes smaller than 55" too. Not all of us have massive living rooms.... something that size would look out of place turned off and make me motion sick turned on.  I suspect this would be especially important outside north america...