or Connect

Posts by umrk_lab

This is fine, and you are very pedagogic. Again, I know nothing about this Turkish project, and I do not project preconceived ideas about it.But, if you let me continue on this interesting discussion, assuming there would be no bias of any kind in an hypothetic RFP/RFQ process, that would mean the decision would be made on "spec sheet" battle.Discussion in this forum frequently opposes Apple lovers, who judge on User experience, to Apple haters, who prefer spec sheet...
I was acting in good FAITH .....
I know, but this is the sort of thing you always think about, but never publicly admit .... (you would not, if you were involved ...).
careful that you could give some ideas to lawyers : bid specs are supposed to let competition occur, but not the opposite ....the very fact that, as you seem to suggest, it would possible to disguise a predetermined choice into a victory as part of a fair competition battle makes me dubious about the supposedly scientific nature of procurement decisions ...
    True, I know. But most education institutions do not have budgets comparable to the ones you mention, you know .. (which do not prevent them from purchasing a few Macs, but only in cases where this decision is taken (mostly at a very local level) by the real users, and not by clerical guys in purchasing departments, who buy computers as they would buy paper stock, pencils ...   Anyway we have a clear indication that the Turkish authorities discuss technical issue with...
  Nothing prevents an individual or an organization to develop an App (or an iBook) on iOS platform, and decide it is free ...   I am not an expert of that Faith project, and it seems difficult to evaluate, because we have contradictory messages about it (what it was, what it is going to be ... (possibly ...)). Beyond this particular project, my point was that although indeed procurement should be the more rational thing, it is frequently not, especially when it comes to...
    You were the one to post a link saying :   "Turkey is one of the champions of Free software with its own GNU/Linux based operating system Pardus. Using GNU/Linux and other open source technologies helps governments and agencies cut cost and maintain control over the quality of products, something proprietary technologies such as Microsoft Windows or Apple's iOS can never give."   NB : I personnally believe this open source argument is fallacious, I am not posting this...
I do not believe in such deals (whatever the country). Procurement people only know about cost, and do not care about any other characteristic (except size, may be (this is the only thing they can measure and understand). Edit : + keyboard layout, of course ....
  Microsoft is invincible !    
Please Apple (if you read this site), don't forget to resolve the little bug which causes losses of WiFi signal on my 27" .......   Thanks