or Connect

Posts by umrk_lab

After viewing this one minute sequence, I think the problem is not so much the actors than the scenario and the dialogue ... May be one "garage sequence"  was enough ?
This is obvious. An electronic  consumer goods company looking for revenues in hardware only has no future, even if its products are brilliant, because nothing is easier to copy than a hardware design (you just tear the product into pieces)  (Sony is a good example, but there are also others (Philips, Grundig...). Apple's unique ecosystem makes them escape to this fate.   I know that analysts and (Apple itself) minimize the profits driven from iTunes immaterial...
    In fact, regarding speakers, the issue comes from the fact that they do not want to put them on the front panel screen.... When I had a PC at home, I had a separate sound system (including bass speaker) ---> spaghetti of wires, and the modest speakers of my iMac 27" are now OK for my usage, at low level (if I want to hear at high level, I know I have to use something else ..).   When I recently had to decide on how to listen to music in my new bathroom, I finally...
  I admit there can be a debate here. To me, the bold decision is to remove the built-in disc (CD/DVD) reader. I have no doubt that everyone will soon copy this, after criticizing it, as usual. This makes easier the shrinking of the screen thickness. Admitedly, this point is positive from design point of view only, and may even be detrimental to functionality , as already noted (because the speakers will be even smaller).   Obsession for smaller, thinner, lighter, minimal...
    Yes, a combadge, that's what I said !
no plastic, no fragile material, please .... I want something ROBUST   A bit like Klingon design :      

Yes ... I do not remember all details, this is too far away ... But managing code without punched cards tray was in itself a revolution ....
      Somewhere in 1972, I programmed a civil engineering code on  a HP98xx machine (see below). Wonderful for the time being : niece basic , program stored on small tape cassettes. The machine was far ahead of its time ....