or Connect

Posts by umrk_lab

Indeed. In that respect, it is fascinating to watch again the Steve's iPad presentation keynote. Before presenting the device, he very clearly stated what would be the positioning of this device. At that time, competitors should have considered seriously the implications of this very clear strategy ....
The real figure will depend on 4G deployment ....
The answer is 42 !
I had also long ago the desire to return to Apple world, and this was for me the trigging fact. I have now 4 Macs at home (two teenagers), NEVER had a problem for which they required my assistance.
"the finger, best pointing device" .... that's it ...
Well ... Apple approach is to get rid of cables ... so , yes, in that respect, nothing can be more user friendly ...
Good ! All they need to do now, in addition to this, is to design and manufacture insanely great products ! More seriously, a consequence of this is also that, if by any chance, there are some criticisms about flaws in their "world product" (whether justified or not, if you see what I mean), no one but the CEO has to jump on stage and address the issue ... I am not sure all Apple competitors CEOs are ready for this ....
Funny. in the ancient times of computer industry, there were "IBM watchers", trying to decipher Big blue strategy, and to anticipate the next move. Seems they are recycled into Apple watchers ... Even though, as financial analysts, they do not seem to me very qualified for this ... But well, in this particular occasion, they do not take many risks, do they ?
Good way to justify the presence of gyroscope into iPhones ... I always found it was under utilized ...
I remember there was, in the ancient times of computer industry, a quote which was something like : HP invents, DEC sells, and IBM makes profit That quote is now to be rephrased as : Apple invents, sells and makes profit. The competitors just watch their market share, sales ans profits shrink.