or Connect

Posts by umrk_lab

+1 Well said
I am not an expert on this, but I think there may be situations/places where, due to unavailability of 3G coverage, the user might be still happy to be connected, although even at degraded speed.
This is the difficult point. Are we talking about business or ethics (or justice ..) ? From business standpoint, all these matters are treated from the cost/benefit angle, that's all. As I am (nevertheless ...) an Apple fan, I should also say that in this particular case, there also seemed to be a question of validity of the patent, raised by Apple (I am not qualified to say whether this is justified or not). Given the tens (may be more) cases which are now currently...
I believe any company intending to design such a complex product is faced with potential infringement of hundreds of patents. Some of thse can be clearly identified and resolved, but others would require years of negotiations, which obviously Apple could not afford. having said that, it is also true that in many cases (Apple trademark, etc ...) it is Apple's (or better Steve's) strategy to move along, and then negotiate. this is not necessarily counterproductive, since...
Sad to see an interesting technology condemned to death by stupid executives. it is probably too late, as the most talented developers have probably jumped out of the boat. Again, it is impossible not to have in mind the NextStep episode : what this development team probably misses is a leader capable of transforming their ideas into money, through a profitable deal ...
You might be interested to know that Samsung lost its case for trying to suspend iPhone 4S in France, and condemned to pay the expenses of the trial.
According to Steve, the ones who insist on being always named with their "Dr" degree are " " (you fill in the blanks)
Does not seem to really master RDF technique, uh ?
No combadge, then ? later ....
Sleep in peace, Steve ...