or Connect

Posts by umrk_lab

Sleep in peace, Steve. the greatest outcomes of your brilliant strategy are still to come ...
Agreed. Apple competitors repeatedly say "tomorrow will be better". Yes, you could point out, this is also what Apple says ... but in the case of Apple, facts always prove to be in line with the estimations (may be not the ones of the analysts, which have no value, but with Apple's ones) ...
Well, you know, imagination of advertising people can be surprising : competitors may say that the third derivative of iPhone users satisfaction rate has dropped (although I cannot say anything myself about it, and I am pretty sure neither they or the general public would understand what it is about).
I will not enter here into respective technical merits of Numbers, Excel, Open Office, etc .. I personally use OpenOffice (although I have bought iWork & Numbers), because it is free, satisfies all my needs, and provides compatibility with Microsoft Office files. I have to admit this is probably also due to laziness on my part (reluctance to enter into iWork user interface, simply because the everyday experience you have in using Microsoft Office at work makes difficult...
I thought it was a Ballmer's statement, during a stage presentation, during which a giant smiling (but moderately, as always with him) Tim's face would appear on the screen, explaining how much Apple care about Microsoft. Must be dreaming ...
Is this Ballmer's quoting ?
Amazing ! Times when S Jobs had to make compromises to have Microsoft products on Mac are over. The balance of power is reversed, and the one who depends on the other is not the same ...
Amazon sold "a number of" Kindle Fire.
Actually, I have a theory to explain why they did not choose a portable PC, say, instead, which is based on pure safety concerns. I am sure that in your own companies (such as mine), you constantly see your colleagues walking in the corridors, holding their potable PCs horizontally, like a pizza box. I confess I never could explain it, but that is the way it is (they probably fear something could break down into Windows fragile machinery, if they would hold it vertically,...
+1 excellent