or Connect

Posts by umrk_lab

The entire EU policy is based on the premises that all problems can be solved by more competition, and Mrs Reding is, in that respect, a sort of extremist, if I may say so. The last sentence (which has nothing to do with Apple) illustrates this ("Reding suggested that the Commission could draw attention to recurring problems across the EU, possibly by publicizing tools such as online price comparisons and consumer reviews."). What the hell does this mean ? she wants to...
Illustration of this for the Windows Phones is still to be documented ....
Pathetic declarations, which indeed do not deserve site coverage ...   But at second thought, somewhat funny to see what Apple competitors can invent to justify their poor design choices.   In that respect, I look forward to Ballmer's statements about Microsoft Surface future ....
Given that Tomlinson Holman (of THX fame) has joined Apple to run audio, Apple has first hand information on the subject
    When a company captures for many years more than 90% of a market, the management tends to think it is invincible, and this is the beginning of the end. There are many examples ...   The illusion of invincibility also extends to some outside observers ....
I think it would be fair for Tim to say that MSFT is a low volume player
    and : "Samsung's worst enemy" ?
Here comes iTV ....
    What you say is strange to me, unless you refer to the fact that, basically, employment contracts can be for unlimited duration (at least the limit is not written in the contract, nothing is eternal, of course) or limited duration contracts, which provide a more precarious position, of course.   Unions presence is weaker for the latter, of course, but generally speaking unions are somewhat weak in France, at least expressed in terms of number of members (as opposed to...
Too bad General Magic was not a success ...