or Connect

Posts by umrk_lab

Planet Banking is so desesperate that Apple has no need for its services ....
    They had all cards in hand to succeed, including presence in music business industry. They should have been the ones to invent the iPod ....    But understanding the ecosystem notion and turn it as a weapon into competition is something which very few companies master ... possibly only one ...   Anyway the lesson is clear : a company selling only hardware (or just pretending ...) has no future, even with brilliant products.
It demonstrates how brilliant is MSFT marketing strategy : on thse machines, the customer has bought and paid two OS to finally use one !
      thanks
    Hawaian drama : " Book 'em, Danno" !   (edit : BTW, thanks for helping me to improve my English, I was not aware of what a Bear Spray was (Bears had disapeared in France, a few of them (from Eastern Europe) have recently been introduced, but this decision is not welcomed by everybody)
Very niece building, but personally I would have preferred a slightly elliptic shape (like the Coliseum).
    Well I cannot summarize for you the hearing (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxB-ZePpS7E). One of the points made by Frank Zappa was that the judgment of the people categorizing a song as "explicit" can be questionable (and the fact that he had musical albums (no lyrics !) labelled as "explicit" supports this !). In fact Frank Zappa was in favor of printing the lyrics on the cover of the album, so that everyone could judge by themselves (this is not unfortunately...
@digitalclips   Well, I know this PMRC stuff can be considered as just an outdated episode, because it dates back to 1985 now. (Interestingly (for me, at least), I discovered that relations in between Tipper Gore and the Zappa family improved over time (Tipper Gore even accepted to play (drums?) at the occasion of a Diva's Zappa daughter song recording))., and Zappa, before his death, said he received friendly letters from the Gore family.   But, what remains,...
  For me , Al Gore will be eternally associated to PMRC (he supported his (ex) wife Tipper Gore, in this matter) :   The Parents Music Resource Center (PMRC) was an American committee formed in 1985 with the stated goal of increasing parental control over the access of children to music deemed to be violent, have drug use or be sexual via labeling albums with Parental Advisory stickers. The committee was founded by four women: Tipper Gore, wife of Senator and later Vice...
    Not "needs", but "demands", in this case !