or Connect

Posts by emacs72

last i heard, Foxconn has a ten (10) percent / $800+ million stake in Sharp Corporation.  Apple would have to invest about $3.5 billion to make Sharp Corporation a subsidiary of Apple / Foxconn.
  i doubt using one (1) example from five (5) years ago will sway people to your opinion.
  yes.   although Vista is my least favourite Windows version, once I increased memory of the computer to 4GB and disabled UAC, Vista ran well for the years I've been using it.  with respect to Windows 8, my stance is neutral so far.  i've never had an issue learning the UI of a consumer or enterprise-level OS, and there's nothing i've seen nor read that will indicate I'll have difficulty using Windows 8.
    you didn't even read the article; it made positive references to iTunes.
Considering that design of the PS3 started in 2001 with hardware finalised in 2005, it's not much of an revelation that something released next year would supercede seven (7) year-old technology.
There's a good chance I'll be getting an iPhone 5, and I will recognise the difference between the 4S and 5, unlike some people http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4
Yes, I stand corrected. An LTE-enabled smartphone with dual-band WiFi was release to market more than ten (10) months before the iPhone 5.
I never stated those examples satisfied all criteria
  as an example, the Galaxy S II (released around eighteen months ago back in February 2011) has LTE and dual-band WiFi (2.4 and 5Ghz) and sports a relatively large screen which is quite usable.  it's about 0.9 mm thicker than the iPhone 5, however.  another example is the HTC EVO 4G LTE, released earlier this year.  it also has LTE and dual-band WiFi, a large screen, and is around 1 mm thicker than the iPhone 5.  and, there are probably several more examples.   the...
i'm looking to upgrade from an iPhone 3GS.  the new iPhone, being announced next week, may be worth the purchase