or Connect

Posts by emacs72

i, too, would appreciate a sincere and honest answer to this question.
  no.   i didn't think it was Samsung because, at the time of reporting, there was nothing to indicate it was Samsung.
  it proves, once again, that several fanatics of Apple products were wrong (and fail to admit it).
assuming that totally arbitrary number you threw out there (i.e., 30K), includes other costs aside from salary.what you are referring to is the Consumer Products & Services division of Sony, not the PlayStation sector. the Consumer Products & Services division includes television, home video, home audio, digital imaging, PC, gaming (the PlayStation brand), and mobile products, along with networked services. the PlayStation brand is profitatable; what's taking a huge hit...
the entire article is, in fact, newsworthy. i doubt most people, here, knew how security firms track down and ultimately eliminate threats. the Forbes article gives some insight into the legitimate tactics deployed by Dr Web and other security firms.while i agree the assumption is a bit arrogant, the bigger picture is people shouldn't necessarily be equally as arrogant to dismiss the notion that OS X can be victims of certain kinds of digital threats.
those servers were used to attract botnet attacks. it's like catching living specimens in a test lab so you have a controlled environment with which to study them. some botnet attacks thrive on live hosts in a peer-to-peer environment. if you purposely join the environment (in hopes of fooling everyone that you're just a innocent target of the trojan), you can quietly remain infected while you diagnose the problem and kill the trojan.
... which leads me to believe the Gartner sample population is much, much more varied by several orders of magnitude.anyways, two thirds market share for the Apple iPad, in the tablet arena, is pretty good!
understood. however, anecdotal evidence is based on a worldview which is heavily based on the people with whom you interact -- be it person or online -- by choice or circumstance. and, one has to be aware that anecdotal evidence may be skewed by cognitive bias.
i don't think anecdotal evidence can be used to categorically refute information that's probably gathered empirically. in your example, "everything else was literally an iPad", could mean as little as five (5).
i recall that moment in time, yes. sadly, the 'nine (9) year-old mentality' will persist amid online news / discussion groups regardless of company. Apple has been subject to it as well as Sony, Samsung, Microsoft, RIM, Google and dozens of others. it's the price we pay when only an email address is required to join a message board, not reason or civility.