or Connect

Posts by djames4242

Oh so did I. But that was when I upgraded from a DPC550 to a Nokia 6162. I haven't played Snake since I then upgraded to the Siemens S46 (although its games were rubbish in comparison to Snake!).
 I completely agree. Most teens want to be seen with a cool device like an iPhone or (arguably) a Galaxy. "Your BlackBerry is so cool!" ...said nobody (in the past couple of years) who is under 30 years old.
In other news, Nokia attempts to invigorate sales of its lagging Windows Phone platform by reintroducing "Snake".
Oh I realize that, but not knowing for sure which apps might be misbehaving and causing extra battery drain, I just got in the habit of killing them all before going out on a run.
Curious - I tend to kill off all my apps and use MapMyRide to track my workout and use the Music app to listen to music. I used to use Spotify to stream, but found that killed off the battery faster (sometimes I do use Spotify, but only to listen to a playlist that has been downloaded). Two-to-three hours and I'm down to 20%.
Likewise, I cycle and run always have my phone with me. However, I can't run more than about eight miles with my phone's GPS enabled before I'm about out of battery. More than 40-50 miles on my bike is out-of-the-question. A dedicated GPS device helps solve the problem of a dead phone battery (which renders it useless for safety). If you look at most high-end GPS fitness watches, they generally run anywhere from $300-500. I doubt this will be much less; certainly it will...
I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the biggest issue here with the new Mini. What happened to the quad core option??? My Mini runs as my home web server, my Windows-in-a-VM-by-day primary work computer, my Plex Media Server (which has to do plenty of transcoding on the fly) and lastly, as my media server, is responsible for ripping DVD and Blu-Ray media. Most of the time dual core is sufficient, but there's enough occasion that it isn't to make my next upgrade a quad-i5.
I have a mid-2011 Mini running with dual SSDs and 8gb RAM and this thing screams and most of what I use it for. It runs Server, it runs Plex Media Server, I use it with Aperture, and by day it runs Windows 7 inside of Parallels driving dual 24" and 20" monitors. In the evenings I occasionally run some older games. ...okay, saying it screams is a bit of a stretch. But I rarely notice a slowdown. The only thing that would make me upgrade would be quad i7 (yeah, I know that's...
 Or at the very least by someone who needs to learn some how to communicate without looking like a complete twat.
 I doubt there are many of us normal folk who need the capabilities of the Pro version. Outside of IT departments and large development organizations who need cloned and cloud-based VMs or huge VMs running with massive amounts of memory and virtual CPUs (i.e. virtualized servers), most people can get by just fine with the standard edition.