or Connect

Posts by djames4242

Depends on your definition of "more powerful" I suppose, but until Page Layout mode returns to Pages, I'll continue to use the pre-neutered version :) I'm afraid I also vastly preferred the inspector (and the ability to have multiple inspector panels open simultaneously) to the side panels the new versions have. Admittedly, I'll likely get used to that change and stop my whining, but I'll continue to moan about the removal of major functionality to Pages until it...
 Yes please :) Oh wait, I doubt my early 2011 MBP would know what to do with a 4K display...
 I have no real evidence that any of them do this, but I can't fathom why companies like Google would offer free email accounts if not to monetize them somehow. I haven't read through their terms-of-service since I my two primary personal email accounts are through services I pay for, but I suspect they capture some information and use it to their advantage. I have friends who refuse to use Facebook due to privacy concerns yet use gmail. Really?  Just out of curiosity, how...
 So perhaps those of us who like Mavericks simply don't use gmail. I don't, and have been running 10.9 since DP2 and haven't had a single issue I would identify with the upgrade. This was a refreshing point-zero beta compared to the previous two major releases. 10.8 was a disaster rife with frequent kernel panics. I believe I've had only one with 10.9. I'm sure the gmail bugs annoy the heck out of anyone who relies on "please spam me and comb my emails for targeted...
 lol - now there's a solution I hadn't though of ;-)
This, making my upcoming decision that much tougher. I have a 1st-gen Mini that will likely be replaced next month and I'm trying to decide between the new Mini and the Air. Love the Mini form factor, but I do a fair bit of reading and often use my iPad as a second monitor (using the brilliant Air Display) which has me thinking the full-size screen might be nice too.   Ugh, someone make the decision for me :)
My condolences for Time-Warner customers. I hear they suck, but nobody could possibly generate as much suck as Comcast. They will nickel and dime you. They will lie about their prices. They will randomly increase your bill. And they will smile while they do it. One of my homes has FiOS service so I told Comcast to go screw themselves after they overcharged me by about $400 over a three month period and refused to go back and fix their mistake. Unfortunately, my other home...
And tech-savvy rednecks everywhere are celebrating. Both of them anyway.
 There's also a YouTube channel available via Plex. The interface isn't nearly as good as that of the AppleTV's, but it does give you access to pretty much everything: your subscriptions and playlists, top videos, searches, etc.
 Agreed - Boxee was/is great. Much better then XBMC (which, aside from pretty menus, I never really got the point of).