or Connect

Posts by djames4242

Okay then. I've been using Parallels since v3 and have paid for every upgrade since. I have three Macs and have paid $150 roughly every year. My Parallels 9 licenses were purchased four months ago. The thought of shelling out another $100-150 (honestly I don't need it anymore on that third Mac) four months after having just done so does not sit well with me. I use Parallels Access too which is yet more money I'd have to shell out, but I would be perfectly happy with the...
 Indeed. I switched from ink to laser years ago and my yearly printing costs dropped from about $200 to about $20. No way I'll ever go back to ink.
 Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately I have this very specific need, however, where I need to remote in to my Parallels session using Parallels Access where I will then run a SSH session. My Parallels VM will be running my VPN session - I can't connect directly with my iPad. I could, I suppose, use the VPN on the iPad itself and SSH but the thing is here that I run Parallels all day long for my work connection and it would be nice to simply remote-control that when...
Erm... I've been using vi for over 25 years now. How come I didn't think of that :) This won't work when using vi mode on the command-line to edit history ('cause ^C will cancel and bring up an empty shell prompt), but this will be very helpful when editing files. Thank's a bunch. Time for me to turn in my neck beard ;-)
I'm kinda surprised to see the Android growth, even in the low-end market. I finally got a Moto X for my company phone in part because I wanted to have a chance to try out Android and see why so many of my friends say it's so much better than iOS. After two months of use, I can only fathom their claim is based on never having used iOS. All of that tweaking and customization Android users talk about simply isn't there. I haven't found much I can do with my Moto X that I...
How come none of these keyboards has an ESC key? I (very) often use Parallels Access to connect to a Windows VM from which I VPN in to the office where I then SSH in to the various Unix machines I support. ESC is critical for using the vi editor and I have yet to see any of these iPad keyboards that can transmit the ESC key. Okay, I may be one of the three people on the planet who do this, but still...
Ouch... So I capitulated in my last post and admitted you and I have different workflows. Which one of them is correct? Both - I don't get yours, but it works for you, just as mine works for me. Feel free to (continue to) correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I never insulted you nor asked for you to be so degrading. I'll take my ignorance (and my years of experience) and leave you to either enjoy your superiority, or the insecurity that causes you to insult me; I'm...
 I don't hate - I bought a computer to do things for me. Sounds like you may have bought a computer to be a rather expensive notebook. No worries. Whatever time you perceive to save by having your computer run faster than mine is more than eaten up by the amount of time taken to switch apps back and forth repeatedly to copy and paste. Really, personal digs aside, each of us has our workflow preferences. However, us Mac users generally spend a lot of money for our computers...
 You're right - you don't need to pay for a password tool. You can store your passwords in a spreadsheet. You know what else? You don't need to use a car to get to work - that costs money and is, in a sense, a third-party tool when compared to your feet which you could use to walk to work. I bought a car because I wanted the convenience and the speed of getting where I want to go. I'm afraid I have to completely agree with macxpress - this sounds like the most cumbersome,...
Because of the solid integration with all browsers, not just Safari, plus the convenience of telling it a site you want to go to and having it launch your browser, navigate to that site, and log you in with a single click. Also secure storage of credit card info (again, this can be used in browsers other than Safari), software licenses, notes, bank account info (I use it to store my account and routing numbers), membership (gym, auto club, etc), as well as multiple...