or Connect

Posts by djames4242

Yeah, that one qualifies according to this article.
On what hardware? I think Nasser was referring to a mention that Handoff requires Bluetooth 4.0/LE which is not available in certain Macs more than two years old (and the list of hardware is somewhat random and arbitrary since late-2011 MacBook Pro models do not have the capability yet my mid-2011 Mac Mini does).
If Handoff is the only feature I'll be missing out on with my early-2011 MBP (my mid-2011 Mac Mini appears to support it), that alone wouldn't have me upgrading. Once I dropped a data doubler in and gave my MBP a SSD boot disk (which has progressed from 120gb to 256gb and now to 750gb alongside its 768gb HDD), my machine runs so fast I can't fathom needing a new machine anytime soon (especially since I sprung for the upgraded HD display).
Doesn't bother me too much, but then I use BusyCal and Fantastical and haven't done a whole lot with the built-in Calendar app in quite some time.
It's been great for me since DP3. DP1 and 2 were a bit of a mess, although the stability has been really good for a major release (unlike 10.8 which gave me constant kernel panics during the first couple of betas). The only real compatibility issue I've run in to is with iWork '09 (which is a real shame, since Pages is still missing some of the page layout features I rely on). Even Parallels (which is notorious for requiring driver updates during major point-zero releases)...
I doubt it - you can "sort-of" get the old functionality back by displaying playlists and the column browser. That way you can still drag and drop tracks into and between playlists. But I don't see a way to display your devices in a sidebar the way you used to be able to.
Somewhat similar, yes. Only now you no longer have an option to display the sidebar. Meh.
 ...that and the fact that Blu-Ray discs are almost always cheaper for some completely perplexing reason.
 That's what I feared, and the reason why I've continued to stick to Aperture as long as I have (that and the hope that Aperture 4 was on its way).
 This probably sounds somewhat silly (admittedly, it is), but I wasn't arguing which was better - rather I was arguing that just because more people use one over another is not an indication of better. More people use Windows than OS X but I doubt many here (other than the trolls) would argue that makes Windows better. More McDonald's hamburgers are eaten than any others, and we all know theirs are rubbish. There are more cockroaches in the world than people but that...