or Connect

Posts by djames4242

Un-FUD: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...tethering.html How many people do you think are able to use 10+GB of data using nothing more than a smartphone? I think you'd have to be constantly streaming video or running a torrent client to use that much data. I'd guess that the vast majority of folks using that much data are tethering...
No, but if your carrier's data network gets saturated as much as AT&T's has, you can bet they'll start cracking down. I'm not advocating the policy, but paying $30 for unlimited data on a smartphone is completely different than providing unlimited data for a laptop.This sounds like so much blind fanboism that I can't help but assume it's meant in jest. If you're being serious, then step back a second and think about what you're saying. I very frequently share documents...
Likewise - I have no pirated apps on my phone either.Be careful doing this. The wireless carriers can see what you're doing. AT&T has been catching up with MyWi users here in the states for the past few months, informing people who tether without a plan that the tethering plan will automatically be added to their account if they continue to see the activity.Oh I like that. Switched Thanks for the heads up - I'll look in to that. I do occasionally hit sites with Hiragana...
Oh I have to disagree. I don't think it's ugly at all. Besides, this is just one of countless themes (and not the default one either).Brightness may be available with a quick swipe and tap on the iPad, but it's not on the iPhone. The process list allows you to also kill persistent apps, like Mail. Not so necessary on the newer phones, but it saved me from a lot of reboots on my 3G where memory was at a premium. It also has a 'free up memory' button that cleans up some...
Yeah, I don't think this was worthy of a 'red' update myself...I was excited to hear about the flaw. I lost my jailbreak when I upgraded my 3G to a 4G a few months ago. The 3G was super easy to jailbreak in place; the 4G normally requires a full restore to jailbreak. This flaw allowed me to install Cydia in a matter of seconds. Love it! FWIW, the only thing I use that requires a Jailbreak is SBSettings. I love being able to disable WiFi (or change brightness settings) with...
Profiles would be nice. Almost every other phone supports them (even the ancient versions of Windows Mobile); I don't know why Apple doesn't. Hold down the lock button and, in addition to the power off option, list the different profile settings for email, text, phone, notification, voicemail alerts, etc...
Yes, but SUV drivers are like that whether there's a phone in their hand or not. That's one of the reasons why they buy those ridiculous behemoths, so when they cause an accident, it'll be the other guy who gets hurt. (That and because, at least in America, there's a need to look successful, and bigger is always better - hence people buying homes they can't afford). But I digress...I too drive okay with a phone in my hand, in fact I've had friends tell me I'm the only one...
My Mac is easy to use, but that doesn't mean I can't go in to the Terminal and enable some pretty fancy settings. Theoretically I could replace the Aqua interface with one of the ugly X11 window managers if I wanted to. I can (and do) script and automate tasks using the built-in Unix shell and php languages. Apple makes products that are simple to use, but they also make products that are powerful to use. There's no reason they couldn't leave the simple on/off setting in...
Apple had better not completely abandon its web apps. Many (if not most) of us spend our days in an office where Internet protocols such as imap and pop are blocked. If Apple no longer provides a webmail interface, I'll be forced to give up my .me/.mac addresses. I'm not going to use my iPhone to tap out replies to my personal email!
That could be helped by the fact that, until just a year or so ago, the MLS website was Internet Explorer only...