or Connect

Posts by djames4242

Oops - I totally missed that. I guess I glanced over the release notes just to see what the focus areas were!
11C73 was never indicated as the GM build, but you're right, it is odd unless the change from 11C73 to 11C74 involved something so minor they didn't feel beta testing was necessary.
Probably a question better asked on the developer/appleseed forums. With iOS 5 out today the NDA may no longer be a factor, then again, it might be
BTW, here's another article showing another way to do it (this worked great for me on my early 2011 MBP). Beware that installing OS updates can reverse this (I just ran system profiler and see that TRIM is again not enabled). http://www.mactrast.com/2011/07/how-...-in-os-x-lion/
I hope not - I have an older 80gb Classic and it complements my 32gb iPhone quite well. Until I can fit the bulk of my collection onto a single device, I still want something with plenty of storage!
I didn't see this post as 'being a dick' - I saw it as pointing out why those who have been bitching about the cost of goods going up as being dicks.
Absolutely - I didn't understand the huge backlash. Most of us have been getting away with effectively paying $2/month for unlimited streaming of content - far less than that service's value, and now people bitch because the cost is going up to what we probably should have been paying in the first place. If you're so pissed off, dump Netflix, pay for Amazon Prime (which I was happy to do before they offered unlimited streaming as part of the service), and use that instead....
I'm sure their thinking was that if they split the brands, then charging for each separately will look better to consumers: "Look, we're not doubling your charge, we're splitting it into two separate charges." The selection seems to change almost daily, but I generally find plenty of choices. You don't really expect a huge selection of newly released films for what they charge, do you?AOL was fine until it grew too big for itself and before Internet access became...
Parallels and Fusion offer some integration features not found in VirtualBox. My experience with Fusion is pretty old so I can't speak to its features (I found it to be horrendously buggy back in the day, while my experience with Parallels has always been good), but I can speak to some of what Parallels offers... With Parallels you can choose which applications (Windows or Mac) open certain files. If you have Office for Windows but not for Mac, you can tell Parallels to...
Thanks! Surprisingly I do have one. I've used diskutil to force-eject drives before, but didn't think to use it to list partitions. I assumed it would show the same thing as Disk Utility, but it must be a 'hidden' partition that the GUI doesn't show.