or Connect

Posts by djames4242

About a year ago, while out on a photography shoot here in Seattle, I met a guy who was using a Windows Phone device. It was the first time I'd ever seen one, so I asked him about it. He said he hated it and wanted his iPhone back but that his wife worked for Microsoft and they had recently changed their policy to no longer subsidize the wireless bills of employees using iPhones (apparently BlackBerry and other devices were okay; it was strictly Apple devices that were no...
You mean the ones being stored in the cloud? Yeah, you won't be able to see those on your OSX machine until after Mountain Lion and updates to iWork are released.
I got this email too - While I'm certainly glad to see the iWork apps supporting Cloud storage, I did occasionally use (and found helpful) the collaboration functionality of iWork.com. It was nice uploading documents for people on my team who did not have access to Pages and for them to comment on and revise them. The service showed great promise, and now it's simply being turned down. Sadly this is an area where the Microsoft web-based Office environment (and to some...
That's exactly why I chose Aperture over LR. This was when Aperture was at version 1.5 so I don't know if LR has opened up their process flow or if you still have to switch between catalog and process and God knows whatever else modes you have to be in to perform tasks. I like that Aperture allows me to create my own workflow. Maybe us Aperture users make a bigger deal of this than it really is since there are more LR users (even on the Mac platform) than there are...
Still? That was the whole reason I bought my first-gen device - because buying the few shows I watch from iTunes is cheaper than paying $100/month to Comcast for a bunch of crap I don't care about. I guess I'll also be happy that I can run Boxee on my 1st-gen AppleTV. It doesn't look like that's ever coming to the 2nd-gen
Shame those of us with the first-generation AppleTVs are left out...
...and I hear they still haven't done away with the requirement that the device be restarted for every.single.change.no.matter.how.small. Does adding a new port forward or static IP by MAC address really require a reboot of the router?
I imagine they weren't selling many computers solely because of this promotion, so they canceled it as a cost move. Shame, as I have received a couple of printers over the years, including the one shown on Apple's promo page (even though I'm not a fan of ink jets preferring the lower cost of laser, I do like this particular one).
Ah yes, Teletext! I always wished for something that cool back in the day...
LOL! My apologies. I'll go sit in the corner now