or Connect

Posts by djames4242

...and I hear they still haven't done away with the requirement that the device be restarted for every.single.change.no.matter.how.small. Does adding a new port forward or static IP by MAC address really require a reboot of the router?
I imagine they weren't selling many computers solely because of this promotion, so they canceled it as a cost move. Shame, as I have received a couple of printers over the years, including the one shown on Apple's promo page (even though I'm not a fan of ink jets preferring the lower cost of laser, I do like this particular one).
Ah yes, Teletext! I always wished for something that cool back in the day...
LOL! My apologies. I'll go sit in the corner now
6. Interface I have a first-generation AppleTV (no airplay!) and a 360 and way prefer the AppleTV. The xbox is fine for gaming, but the media interface is horrendous. Not only is it ugly, but it takes so many clicks to drill down to what you want, if you can even do want you want... I can queue an album if I scroll through them all, but if I first select by genre then by artist/album, I have to queue up each song individually or create a playlist. That's just stupid. If...
That went well. I downloaded it just to see what I could do and got what appeared to be an embedded webpage saying, "Well, that shouldn't have happened..." Nice.
I'm not really sure what the point of this app is. I haven't seen much in the way of xbox-live content that isn't available (without a Live subscription) in iOS-native applications. I was hoping this would allow me to control and play streamed content through the XBOX, but that apparently requires the Windows Phone version of the XBOX application. Sigh... Then again, I suppose Microsoft should be praised for releasing an iOS application that interfaces at all with their...
I have this problem quite frequently on my 1st-gen ATV and the solution is the same. I have VNC on my iPhone and run the built-in VNC server on my Mac Mini upstairs so I can remote in on my phone and restart iTunes.300% agree. Just wait until this goes through...
Try the full package instead of downloading them individually under the 'manual' section of the page. Those versions will open a new page (so if you've already got eight open, you'll lose the oldest one), but the page will then close so you won't have an orphaned page.
It would, yeah - but sometimes I do want to connect to the network, and as the SID is not broadcast, it'd be a pain to set up on-the-fly. This is a nice solution that doesn't require jailbreaking, but I still miss the slide-to-SBSettings feature I used to have...