or Connect

Posts by djames4242

My Mac is easy to use, but that doesn't mean I can't go in to the Terminal and enable some pretty fancy settings. Theoretically I could replace the Aqua interface with one of the ugly X11 window managers if I wanted to. I can (and do) script and automate tasks using the built-in Unix shell and php languages. Apple makes products that are simple to use, but they also make products that are powerful to use. There's no reason they couldn't leave the simple on/off setting in...
Apple had better not completely abandon its web apps. Many (if not most) of us spend our days in an office where Internet protocols such as imap and pop are blocked. If Apple no longer provides a webmail interface, I'll be forced to give up my .me/.mac addresses. I'm not going to use my iPhone to tap out replies to my personal email!
That could be helped by the fact that, until just a year or so ago, the MLS website was Internet Explorer only...
Perhaps corporate America (and the IT Departments) are finally waking up to the reality many of us have known for years: despite higher up-front costs, the long-term cost of ownership of Apple products is significantly less than that of PCs running Windows... Back in the 90's I worked for one of the major landline companies. I was responsible for deploying (and supporting) 300 PowerMac systems. I had three teammates who collectively supported 100 PCs. Add up the cost of...
True 'nuff. You're right - the 3GS was advertised as being little more than a speed bump (plus a compass). I remember walking into an AT&T store when the 3GS came out and setting my 3G next to it and launching Google Earth on both. That 1.5x bump was an understatement. I was able to pan around on the 3GS before my 3G had left the splash screen. Now, just this weekend I was at dinner with five other people who had iPhones, myself being the only loser with a 3G. We each...
...and Aperture (and presumably Lightroom) allows you to apply an adjustment (or multiple adjustments) such as white balance to a photo and then apply the same adjustment (or multiple adjustments) to a batch of photos nearly instantaneously. Imagine you took twelve pictures of the inside of the capitol building in Austin and all of them had that same blue tint because the phone didn't color balance. Chances are the color balance will be off by the same temperature in every...
Why would Apple put out the 3GS when it was little more than a speed bump?My contract was up in September of 2010. It's not like I was forced to purchase a new phone then. I'm month-to-month now with the same terms and same rate plan I signed 2.5 years ago. I can upgrade to a 4G today, I can wait until later this year for the 4GS/5 and upgrade to that. I can keep my 3G until I throw it against the wall for being so stinking slow... You don't "have to get the iPhone 4 in...
They were both posted by me on two different machines simultaneously
Doh!
I wish they would do that for Xcode. The 4.0.1 upgrade was a full 4.3gb download. 4.0.2 hasn't shown up on the App Store yet, but I suspect it will be an equally hefty download...