or Connect

Posts by djames4242

I disagree. Had the 500gb 7200rpm option been available in-store, I'd have gladly given up the extra storage for the speed. This new-gen MBP replaced my original 1st gen MBP. When I purchased that machine I paid to upgrade to a faster drive (they originally shipped with a 5400rpm 80gb drive; I paid to upgrade to a 7200rpm 100gb drive). Last year I went against the advice I read online when I upgraded its drive. Instead of a 7200rpm 500gb drive I went with a 5400rpm 640gb...
Sounds to me like your drive may have some issues. It may be a physical drive issue that requires hardware replacement, or simply some corruption. I'd boot from your install disk and run disk utility. If your hard drive does not show up in the list of available drives, then you likely have a hardware fault. If it does show up, select it and look at the SMART status at the bottom right. That can show indication of a potential hardware fault. If you're looking good...
I would think so... The App Store app does recognise that I have Aperture and the iWork application installed. None of them have been updated since the App Store went live so I don't know if updates will be delivered that way, but I would sure think so. The same should hold true for non-Apple apps. ...unless, of course, the App Store only took an inventory of my applications when it was first installed and now will not recognise subsequent application installs. I don't...
The ecommerce part sounds like a 'Pro' feature and is almost certainly supported by FileMaker Pro. Bento is a personal database and isn't designed to be used this way... As for generating nice html pages, that does surprise me a little bit considering tools like Delicious Library can do this. I haven't played with Bento much, but I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to export your data into another tool that could generate the html.
Perhaps it is for you. I'd love to have a service like the Zune Pass or Rhapsody-To-Go available on my iPod. I live without it, but I used to have Rhapsody and loved it. I suppose if my listening tastes were limited to the latest top-ten artists I'd be able to buy everything I want since the record companies only spoon feed the public a handful of albums a month, but since my collection currently consists of thousands of albums I've collected over the years, I'd love to be...
Having a hard time with what? Selling stuff? No. Streaming? I don't know if I'd say they're having a hard time, although one could argue that the very fact that they are giving content away to Prime members is an indication that they weren't making much to begin with and now offer it up as a fantastic benefit to an already great program (I'm in my third year of Prime membership and loved it even before they offered up free video content).
Comcast doesn't advertise it, but I believe there's a regulatory requirement for them to have a very low-tier of service. That's what I subscribe to. I pay $14/month (including tax) for everything available without a converter box. Basically that's channels 2-29 and gives me local network programming and a few others. Since I'm not a slave to my television the way most Americans are, that plus the iTunes content gives me more than enough and still allows me to receive live...
I did exactly the same thing which led me to purchased the 1st-gen AppleTV. $100/month for Comcast = $1200/yr. With season passes anywhere from $20-50 that's between 24-60 series I could purchase. Since I watch about six shows religiously, I save about $1000/yr (plus no commercials and I can rewatch shows if I want).You know you can pair your remotes, right? By default every device will see every Apple Remote, but you can pair them so that you won't accidentally trip the...
What a bad idea. Releasing the Zune yeah, but more importantly killing it so soon. Soon? Yeah, soon. After killing Plays-For-Sure with the Zune, and then killing the Kin within months of its release, and now killing the Zune after just a few revisions. It's hard to believe any vendors will take Microsoft seriously with future endeavors that don't involve already well-established products.
It did use desktop memory, but due to the size of the box it was limited to a single slot. It was also limited to a single gig of memory. Having taken apart both my G4 and C2D Minis a few times, I don't think they really could have used desktop components, although by removing the optical drive in the server model, they could have possibly made room (especially in the current model with its wider footprint) for a 3.5" HD. But then Apple's priority wasn't to squeeze a...