or Connect

Posts by djames4242

That would really surprise me. Photos (like iPhoto) will be targeted at folks taking pictures with their iPhones. While I can see the obvious (and currently missing from iPhoto) features (such as straightening, non-destructive editing, brushes, and some of the color tools) being ported over, I'd be surprised if they could include some of the more advanced features such as organization, stacks, lift & stamp (to name only a few) without confusing people like my mother.
 True, however I am still running Final Cut Express 3.5 without issue. I recently had to do a clean install and it was a PITA because, while the app itself is Universal, the installer is PowerPC. I had to install the content from each disk manually on the command-line. But the application itself still works just as well today as it did in 2006 (under 10.5 Leopard). I'm not saying there aren't architectural changes taking place in OS X that won't obsolete Aperture tomorrow,...
Boo... Although, to be fair, I've thought about moving to Lightroom anyway especially with their new mobile iPad version.   Anyone know how easy it is to migrate one's Aperture library to Lightroom?
I just tried to update and am getting "The item you tried to buy is no longer available"   Since I use Skype as my primary business line, perhaps I should hold off on trying the update again for a bit :)
 They did the exact same thing with Courier a number of years ago. That got loads of people excited, yet the product never materialised.
 Yes please to both. I can't believe Aperture doesn't yet have the geometric fix that LR has to compensate for pictures taken at odd angles. I've been wanting this for years. I find it hard to believe that LR's "remove annoying subject" works as well as their website claims, but if it does, please throw this one in too.  It sure seemed like Logic was overdue for an upgrade, and it turns out they were doing a major overhaul. Let's hope Aperture hasn't been forgotten and...
It is now possible to install the Logic content to an alternate system drive even if the Logic application is not installed there.   Thank you. This is part of why I've held off on buying. My desktop (Mini) has dual SSDs, and they tend to run fairly full. Now I don't have to worry about clearing up another 36gb of space for samples and loops!
 Correct. AT&T Wireless was already building out GSM side-by-side with TDMA when the merger with Cingular was announced. At the time, I believe Cingular was providing GSM services with an agreement with T-Mobile while its pre-GSM network was also TDMA. As someone said earlier, the AT&T Wireless/Cingular merger made sense due to compatible technologies, and because post-merger each of the two companies would no longer incur separate costs investing in its own network...
 Depends on your definition of "more powerful" I suppose, but until Page Layout mode returns to Pages, I'll continue to use the pre-neutered version :) I'm afraid I also vastly preferred the inspector (and the ability to have multiple inspector panels open simultaneously) to the side panels the new versions have. Admittedly, I'll likely get used to that change and stop my whining, but I'll continue to moan about the removal of major functionality to Pages until it...
 Yes please :) Oh wait, I doubt my early 2011 MBP would know what to do with a 4K display...