or Connect

Posts by djames4242

Exactly. Right now they're offering a coupon for $10 off, and you don't have to use the coupon soon (meaning you can buy that 5S next month and still pay $89 for a SquareTrade plan). SquareTrade also has the advantage of being eligible for purchased within the first 30 days rather than at the same time. Easier to palette a $300 phone purchase on this paycheck and a $89 warrantee on the next paycheck.
 Install TotalFinder. It'll give you what you're looking for. ...Oh Bollocks - it requires 10.7 or better. Perhaps there's something   I believe 10.8 had about this many DPs before it went GM. From my experience, 10.9 has been far more stable during its beta period than 10.8 (I had quite a few kernel panics and several bugs during the early 10.8 DPs and have only had one panic and no significant issues during the entire 10.9 beta period) and I believe it will be ready...
 They have? I just got my invitation to buy Parallels 9 a week early with a list of new features, and all I really see is the same claims of being faster. Likewise as you've experienced, Parallels 8 has worked just fine with Mavericks and I'm not seeing a compelling reason to upgrade. However, what I am seeing with VMWare is a compelling price… For $50 I can upgrade all three of my Macs to Fusion 6 while it would cost me $150 to upgrade my Macs to Parallels 9. I had some...
 I believe you mean seventh ?  I think it's usually a couple of weeks. The latest updates have only been $20 though and I can't imagine this one's going to be any more than that.
  Also: when running Windows. I've set my touchpad to emulate a right-click both with the 'two-finger touch' and 'bottom-right-corner touch' methods, and neither of them are particularly reliable. I often have to click several times before a right-click is sent. I spend most of my day running Windows in a VM and so I have to use a mouse.
Nice. I like the built-in USB charging. Until I got the Magic Mouse, my favorite mouse was an IOGEAR Bluetooth Optical Mini Mouse. Tiny, used standard AAA batteries and had a built-in USB port for charging Ni-Cad/NiMH AAAs. The Magic Mouse is slightly less portable, but more feature-rich and I've bought a USB AA charger so I can travel with it.
  I've found iBooks to be both promising and unusable. It's great with my non-DRM content (in fact I find it more useful in some ways than the Kindle ecosystem as all of the PDFs and non-DRM books I've ever opened in iBooks in my iOS devices automatically showed up in iBooks - with my Kindle I've had to manually add any content I didn't specifically purchase from Amazon [or send to my device via my Kindle email address] to my Kindle device and my Kindle apps), but with...
  I'm not aware of that issue - but if you've got 10.9 through official means, you should be able to report that through either Apple's bugreport or AppleSeed tools.
  Definitely interesting reading in your post. There's a lot of history I was unaware of. I'm one of those mass market folk who find the convenience of digital media so compelling that I generally settle for an inferior product. I have my collection of movies (both SD DVD and HD media) ripped and available via Plex which offers me the convenience of streaming to any number of TVs and computers in my house via Plex clients, computers outside my house via MyPlex, and...
  I've got no love (or even like) for Microsoft, but I believe you have a lot of this wrong when it comes to BD vs HD-DVD. From my understanding, Sony killed HD-DVD by throwing money at everyone who supported the format. I'm also not sure what clear-cut advantage you're talking about - I suppose the theoretical advantage was the 30gb vs 50gb limit of HD-DVD vs BD, but from personal experience (I have both players), HD-DVD had a superior interface. I find HD-DVD to be more...